GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Do you really think any administration is going to confiscate weapons? Even Dems in Virginia backed off the latest gun control measures. I'm curious, where were you on 9-11?

They don't need to confiscate anything. Our semi-autos are nice boys' toys, fun at the range or in the woods when hunting deer, can be used for self-defense from criminals. But against the government machine that employs the military, those toys are useless. I smile every time I hear that we have the 2nd amendment so that we can prevent government tyranny.

I was about half a kilometer away from ground zero, saw the second plane hit, felt the south tower come down, and got to see my fair share of crap on that day. Why do you ask?

Last edited:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Just curious, because it seemed to me you were more than just a gun owner. That was a bad area to be in, with all of the contaminants in the debris. We were only a civilian tenant on a Navy base, but it was a HQ. The guy who coordinated emergency operations just retired, and though not my current job, I did it in my previous one. I volunteered to work in our bunker to coordinate emergency supplies, which was unhardened on a main road.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
They don't need to confiscate anything. Our semi-autos are nice boys' toys, fun at the range or in the woods when hunting deer, can be used for self-defense from criminals. But against the government machine that employs the military, those toys are useless. I smile every time I hear that we have the 2nd amendment so that we can prevent government tyranny.

Yet a bunch of goat herders in a 3rd world country wearing pajamas and flip flops have essentially fought the military to a stalemate.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Just curious, because it seemed to me you were more than just a gun owner. That was a bad area to be in, with all of the contaminants in the debris. We were only a civilian tenant on a Navy base, but it was a HQ. The guy who coordinated emergency operations just retired, and though not my current job, I did it in my previous one. I volunteered to work in our bunker to coordinate emergency supplies, which was unhardened on a main road.

The building i was in was used as a rescue command center, had to be decontaminated afterwards from all the asbestos in the ventilation system. The city reeked of burnt steel and concrete for months afterwards.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Yet a bunch of goat herders in a 3rd world country wearing pajamas and flip flops have essentially fought the military to a stalemate.

Are you talking about Afghanistan? Those guys had been fighting their entire lives, whether it was the Brits, the Soviets, or us. Our civilians are not their civilians.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Refer to my comment above. What Afghanis have been doing is not something our civilians will be able to do, despite the vast territories and larger numbers.

I saw your comments and think your wrong. You’re talking military administered war against 50% of the population.

It would never succeed.

Mike-E

Go Kart Newbie
Re: A'stan, Viet Nam, etc. The one thing the opposition had going for them was an outside power funneling training, weapons, ammo and money in (USSR, Russia, Iran, Pakistan, etc.). If the American people revolted against the Federal Government, NO ONE would be providing aid to the rebels, except maybe Russia and China just to watch America burn.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
One thing we are forgetting is the Private Military sector. Also, people do have the proper documentation to own more than "little simi auto" weaponry. I'm not saying it would be a fair fight, but it wouldnt be a landslide ether. We do have a right to a well formed militia to defend against threats both foreign and domestic. People just seem to forget that part......

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I saw your comments and think your wrong. You’re talking military administered war against 50% of the population.

It would never succeed.

Only if that population is ready to fight. I have big doubts. The French military was stronger than the German one in 1940. French soldiers fought well, but their leadership decided to throw their Hande hoch. The US is not cohesive, and we do not have real experience of a war on our soil.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Re: A'stan, Viet Nam, etc. The one thing the opposition had going for them was an outside power funneling training, weapons, ammo and money in (USSR, Russia, Iran, Pakistan, etc.). If the American people revolted against the Federal Government, NO ONE would be providing aid to the rebels, except maybe Russia and China just to watch America burn.

That is true. However, I do not see the American people ever revolting.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2011 GTI
Just got my second stamp back yesterday for the SBR portion of my new toy. Took 28 days on an e-file form 1. Slowly accruing the rest of the parts needed. Just need upper, barrel, suppressor mounting things, and a lower parts kit. Hopefully have it done in the next month or so, then stocking up on ammo and mags before the election.