GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

ronmexico

Ready to race!
Very nice! What can and caliber are you running on that AR? I plan to build a suppressed SBR AR this year and would like to find a combo that works well.

Im a caliber specific believer, but Im also an NFA addict every firearm I own is either a SBR, SBS or suppressed, so on that particular AR I have an AAC 762-SD because its a 300 blackout.

Anything from AAC or silencerCo is going to be good. I really like the AAC SD, I have another one of their 308 cans which is like an inch longer and its not a quite as the SD.

If you can only go with one I would go with a 30 caliber so you can shoot a 556, but also use it on a Remington 700 or a future AR10 or 300 black.

Really anything on the market is going to be a good can assuming you are not going into war with it. Just get what you like, your going to wait about 6 months for it so better enjoy it

ronmexico

Ready to race!
Just remember that your Glock was once the evil gun that should not be allowed. Gun control didn't start off as banning rifles, it was handguns. Be carful what you wish for, because one day it will be evil black rifles, tomorrow it will be your Glock, the next it will be your beloved Marlin 995.

I'll stop with the politics for now, but I have studied this extensively and have found no correlation between violent crime and gun control across the world. Whatever the laws and politics I do wish everyone in the world the most peaceful and prosperous life.

#truth

I wont feed the politics anymore :)

ronmexico

Ready to race!
I need to convince my wife she doesn't really like her Kahr MK9, fits snugly under the dash.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

IMO you should consider a trigger guard on that. Even a simple pocket holster would work. God forbid you need it you will be all kinds of worked up, it would be very easy to grab it wrong and put you finger on the trigger while you are deploying the weapon. If you every pull a pistol in a car most of the time the muzzle ends up crossing you leg, hand, body or something that can ricochet or shatter. I would think it would be best to have that trigger covered until the muzzle is in a safer direction then deploy the weapon, but thats just one mans opinion.

kharma

Ready to race!
IMO you should consider a trigger guard on that. Even a simple pocket holster would work. God forbid you need it you will be all kinds of worked up, it would be very easy to grab it wrong and put you finger on the trigger while you are deploying the weapon. If you every pull a pistol in a car most of the time the muzzle ends up crossing you leg, hand, body or something that can ricochet or shatter. I would think it would be best to have that trigger covered until the muzzle is in a safer direction then deploy the weapon, but thats just one mans opinion.
Valid points... negated by the fact that it unfortunately doesn't fit in there with the mags I have. I've got pocket holsters for both that and my J frame.

ronmexico

Ready to race!
Valid points... negated by the fact that it unfortunately doesn't fit in there with the mags I have. I've got pocket holsters for both that and my J frame.

The make these little kydex trigger covers that only covers the trigger area. I have been wanting on for pocket carry, just have not picked one up yet. I tried to make one out of a piece of kydex I had, what a S*&t show that was!

kharma

Ready to race!
Interesting. I'll have to look into this. I'm a bit disappointed the GSW doesn't have under seat storage, great place to discreetly store a pocket holstered piece. My A3 had one and it was perfect for the .38.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
I compete in IDPA, USPSA and 3gun as well as hunt large and small game... and burglars too ;). Here are some of my guns (all very modded, like my cars :)): Custom built 3-gun comp. AR, PSA Premium build SHTF/practice/gamer AR, Howa 1500 lightning .270 for hunting, Mossburg 500 12ga for home defense, Ruger 10/22 takedown with SilencerCo can for plinking/targets/squirrels, Springfield Armory TRP 1911 45ACP for IDPA and target use, Glock 34 gen4 race gun built for USPSA and IDPA competition, Glock 23 gen4 with .40 & 9mm barrels as my bedside gun, Glock 43 as my CCW and Ruger 45/22 Lite as a target/plinking gun that has a silencer too. I have 4 others guns that are at my dads house in Virginia too; Sig P229, Glock 27, Benelli M2 Field 26" and a 12ga Browning over/under....

Last edited:

ronmexico

Ready to race!
Just remember that your Glock was once the evil gun that should not be allowed. Gun control didn't start off as banning rifles, it was handguns. Be carful what you wish for, because one day it will be evil black rifles, tomorrow it will be your Glock, the next it will be your beloved Marlin 995.

I'll stop with the politics for now, but I have studied this extensively and have found no correlation between violent crime and gun control across the world. Whatever the laws and politics I do wish everyone in the world the most peaceful and prosperous life.

Yup here it is..... house bill 4296.

“(D) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any 1 of the following:

“(i) A threaded barrel.

“(ii) A second pistol grip.

“(iii) A barrel shroud.

“(iv) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.

“(v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

“(E) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/4269/text

Glock 18 is an full auto and the glock 17 & 19 are version of that pistol...So your G19 and G17 could easily be illegal.

So its never enough, it never going to be one single type of gun.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Yup here it is..... house bill 4296.

“(D) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any 1 of the following:

“(i) A threaded barrel.

“(ii) A second pistol grip.

“(iii) A barrel shroud.

“(iv) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.

“(v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

“(E) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/4269/text

Glock 18 is an full auto and the glock 17 & 19 are version of that pistol...So your G19 and G17 could easily be illegal.

So its never enough, it never going to be one single type of gun.
FYI, the frame, slide and internals are all different between the Glock 17 and 18... I have handled and shot one too :). To the untrained eye they may look similar, but to Glocks defense (and us Glock owners) the gun does not physically share a single major component between the models. On the left rear of the slide there is selector switch which actives the full auto sear, these are not components found on any Semi-auto Glock manufactured. It's not like a AR15 where you can literally drop in a full auto sear box into the lower receiver in about 10sec and it functions like an M4/M16 without any other mods.

ronmexico

Ready to race!
FYI, the frame, slide and internals are all different between the Glock 17 and 18... I have handled and shot one too :). To the untrained eye they may look similar, but to Glocks defense (and us Glock owners) the gun does not physically share a single major component between the models. On the left rear of the slide there is selector switch which actives the full auto sear, these are not components found on any Semi-auto Glock manufactured. It's not like a AR15 where you can literally drop in a full auto sear box into the lower receiver in about 10sec and it functions like an M4/M16 without any other mods.

I agree with you 100% but you are talking about people that are interpreting a law that call magazines clips, that think criminals are going to do a background check for private sales if enacted, and dont truly know the different between automatic and semi automatic. Remember the clip with the "whats a barrel shroud"

So it would not be hard for someone to say, the G17 is based off the G18 despite them being much different. If you ask Bloomberg dont you think he would say the 17 is based of the 18, just to push an agenda...

To me the law is written so that someone could do this is they really pushed it and its just going to take the right circumstance them them to push it.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
couple recent pickups...

Your Sig 226 x-six scandic and Beretta 92 FS Centennial are jaw dropping guns! Is that your Beretta thats listed on GlockTalk forums for sale right now?

I agree with you 100% but you are talking about people that are interpreting a law that call magazines clips, that think criminals are going to do a background check for private sales if enacted, and dont truly know the different between automatic and semi automatic. Remember the clip with the "whats a barrel shroud"

So it would not be hard for someone to say, the G17 is based off the G18 despite them being much different. If you ask Bloomberg dont you think he would say the 17 is based of the 18, just to push an agenda...

To me the law is written so that someone could do this is they really pushed it and its just going to take the right circumstance them them to push it.

I gotcha. Nice suppressor and AR collection too BTW :). 223 and 308 suppressors are next on my list.