GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

wario406

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI
Anyone try a conversion barrel in their Glock? I have a Glock 23 that's a .40. Its the only .40 I have. The others are 9mm. With the ammo prices the way they are...I figure it would just be easier to use one caliber at the range. My local range doesn't even have reloads in .40.

I'd get a conversion barrel and a couple G19 mags. Would I also need an extractor too? That seems to be 50/50 from the stuff I've read.
I dont think you need to change extractors... I know lots of people who swap 9mm/40 cal barrels. I dont think you need to swap mags - but, it's probably not a bad idea.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Anyone try a conversion barrel in their Glock? I have a Glock 23 that's a .40. Its the only .40 I have. The others are 9mm. With the ammo prices the way they are...I figure it would just be easier to use one caliber at the range. My local range doesn't even have reloads in .40.

I'd get a conversion barrel and a couple G19 mags. Would I also need an extractor too? That seems to be 50/50 from the stuff I've read.

my dad has a lone wolf conversion barrel for his 23 and it works flawlessly. As mentioned you can run 9mm through.40 mags, but I wouldn’t do it in a defensive situation.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Got it down to 30sec a round.

8684B0BC-E9EF-4B4E-B762-4F71BB4227CA.jpeg

started tonight with 100 annealed and sized brass. The last time this brass was shot it was raining. Ammo was wet so pressures were too high. Went to prime the brass and the pockets were loose. Like push the primer in with a finger loose.

about 9 years ago I was shooting a ton through my M14, so I bought a RCBS primer pocket swage to decrimp NATO brass. Stopped loading it and the kit went on the shelf.

Tonight I learned you can easily tighten up primer pockets with the damn thing. Pretty damn happy I don’t need to toss out hundreds of dollars in Lapua brass.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I dont think you need to change extractors... I know lots of people who swap 9mm/40 cal barrels. I dont think you need to swap mags - but, it's probably not a bad idea.

my dad has a lone wolf conversion barrel for his 23 and it works flawlessly. As mentioned you can run 9mm through.40 mags, but I wouldn’t do it in a defensive situation.

Cool thanks! I'll probably get a couple Magpul G19 mags. Looking at the Blacklist barrel.

I asked about the extractor is because some people say that the G23 extractor will send the 9mm casing straight up instead of out to the side.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Picked this guy up last week. Put in a tuning kit from Cajun Gun Works. Should be a pleasure to shoot.

Attachments

• 20210316_160148.jpg
    20210316_160148.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 27
  • 20210315_193214.jpg
    20210315_193214.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 30

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Just picked this up last weekend. Working on a Ronin 1911 Colt in 10mm.
I got a 1911 in 10mm. If you don't mind a slight increase in recoil (don't know your experience), you'll love it. That cartridge is a beast, and compared to semi-auto calibers, it's very flat shooting. Love it.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI S 6MT
Didn't know this thread existed till now. Can I start putting my collection of CZs in my sig? :)*

*©JL

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Didn't know this thread existed till now. Can I start putting my collection of CZs in my sig? :)*

*©JL
Please do. With all the Glock fanboyz around, it's nice to see some real handgun connoisseurs.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI S 6MT
Please do. With all the Glock fanboyz around, it's nice to see some real handgun connoisseurs.
0FD2838D-FF4C-4EFD-8173-ED49215EC049.jpeg

Here’s my Rami decocker version with Hakan made grips. Shoots like a full size. I don’t typically carry this one because it’s just too nice to sweat all over so I usually have my P10-S at the hip.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI S 6MT
Last edited:

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI S 6MT
An obligatory Colt Govt 1911 pic while I got her out for a range date later. ❤️
4625722A-8782-4618-ACC3-0B4CB1068101.jpeg

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
View attachment 206747
Here’s my Rami decocker version with Hakan made grips. Shoots like a full size. I don’t typically carry this one because it’s just too nice to sweat all over so I usually have my P10-S at the hip.
The Rami is gorgeous. I wanted one before I got into the compact and full size scene.
How do you like the P10?