GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I will never buy a Remington after having two close calls while hunting. My dad's .300 Savage rifle went off due to bolt failure as he chambered a round on multiple occasions but I was standing a few feet away as he sighted in his rifle the most recent time. And another occasion where my Uncles nephew (from the other side) was unloading his pump 30-06 and almost shot my uncle as a round went off upon the action opening. Luckily we were being safe with our muzzle directions, otherwise things could have been much worse. Both Remingtons, and both times there was definitely no finger anywhere near the trigger. I won't be sad to see them go

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I will never buy a Remington after having two close calls while hunting. My dad's .300 Savage rifle went off due to bolt failure as he chambered a round on multiple occasions but I was standing a few feet away as he sighted in his rifle the most recent time. And another occasion where my Uncles nephew (from the other side) was unloading his pump 30-06 and almost shot my uncle as a round went off upon the action opening. Luckily we were being safe with our muzzle directions, otherwise things could have been much worse. Both Remingtons, and both times there was definitely no finger anywhere near the trigger. I won't be sad to see them go
Some scary shit there man..

Hoon

Autocross Champion
When it comes to precision rifles, I'm a Savage Arms guy.

I have two factory barrel Savage rifles flirting with 1/3 MOA for 5 shot groups with handloads.

Remington used to build awesome rifles before they were bought out, but that was a long time ago and they've been hit or miss ever since.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Is this hype or not? It's made out to sound like the thousands of YouTube how-to videos be become unlawful. I found this in Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Munitions_List

House-passed prison reform bill (H.R. 5682), in and of itself, is not anti-gun.

But the Senate is insisting that the House bill be coupled with the Senate's sentencing reform bill (S. 1917), which is seriously anti-gun.

The specific problem is section 107 of the Grassley-Durbin-Schumer bill which imposes a 5-year MANDATORY MINIMUM PRISON SENTENCE for violation of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).

The ITAR revisions would outlaw gunsmithing with respect to a wide variety of guns.

In addition, communicating "how-to" information on the Internet with respect to guns on the Munitions List would also earn you a MINIMUM 5 years in prison under the Grassley-Durbin-Schumer bill.

The problem is that these ITAR regulations deem that any item of information posted on any medium is communicated to every person with access to that medium.

Therefore, any "how-to" gun-related information on the Internet is deemed to have been communicated to everyone on the Internet (including terrorists).

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

adam1991

Banned
Allow me to interject with a bit of humor here.

Some comment section of some paper or another, discussing the violent protests of the left, said that everything is leading to civil war. Said one commenter in response:

"The right has all the guns. The left doesn't know what bathroom to use. Bring it on."

I spit out my coffee.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
99% chance I am ordering my first H&K today.
Been holding myself back from scooping the vp9 or p30. Just so torn on if I want striker or hammer fired.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Allow me to interject with a bit of humor here.

Some comment section of some paper or another, discussing the violent protests of the left, said that everything is leading to civil war. Said one commenter in response:

"The right has all the guns. The left doesn't know what bathroom to use. Bring it on."

I spit out my coffee.

Best one I heard all year.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Been holding myself back from scooping the vp9 or p30. Just so torn on if I want striker or hammer fired.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

I like my VP9 Tactical, but at the end of the day I'm still faster and more accurate with a Glock.

Old habits die hard.