GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs Integra and 328i

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Well instead of making 2 threads I'll just combine them...
Only have vid of one though

Me- DM stg 2+, twintake, twintercooler, APR hpfp, RSC TBE.

Integra- full bolt on's, no tune

Ate him alive... https://vimeo.com/111261489

Sorry for vid length, don't know how to edit it.

328i- 2013 stock, sport package, 2.0T TwinPower

No vid, but man.. We did 2 pulls from a dig, but both were fouled at the end.
1st, he pulled on me about half a car to a car, started catching up in the top half of 2 and more in third, had to let off when were neck and neck right in the middle of third.

I feel like I did pretty good, was expecting to get blown out of the water

Last edited:

07GTI-2.0T

Go Kart Champion
Well instead of making 2 threads I'll just combine them...
Only have vid of one though

Me- DM stg 2+, twintake, twintercooler, APR hpfp, RSC TBE.

I feel like I did pretty good, was expecting to get blown out of the water

You have everything short of meth and turbo upgrade and expected to get blown out of the water by a stock 328i :iono: They put down 220-230whp and 250-260wtq stock. Even with a tune they are only in the 260whp/300wtq range. Stop racing RWD from a dig, there's your problem. I pulled up to a dude in a MKVI GLI with k04 turbo and started a conversation cause I still have a thing for VWs and he was convinced his car was way slower than mine. I told dude I've had both K04 FSI/TSI easily =335i with tune (didn't tell him I had a tank of e40, ethanol tune and bigger intercooler but he wouldn't have raced and I wasn't looking for one either but he was acting like a hooligan until I pulled up then started granny driving like I was in a Lambo). Point is there's a bit of folklore with N54/N55s but this is just ridiculous to expect to lose to a stock 328i with any tuned FSI/TSI. You should be neck and neck with a stock 335i.

Last edited:

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
Even the new 2.0T 328s? And honestly, I would have beat him but, like I said we didn't get any clean passes in. And I wanted to do from a roll, just never happened. But yes I wasn't like oh I'm gonna smash this car... I haven't raced many cars, but I saw this one take off and it seemed quick, quicker than mine.