GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI to ...?

Anytime08

4258/5000
Well I had a thread before asking if its a good idea to upgrade to an A4 2.0t but decided not do it, but now I'm deciding to upgrade to either a B6 S4 or MKV R32. Which one do you think is a better choice and why? Prices are pretty similair, except S4 would be used of course.

Marky-Mark007

Stig's American Brother
Car(s)
2007 Black Magic GTI
Between those two I'd say go for the s4. It may have more expensive repairs and things of that nature, but what's the point of getting a mkv r32 when in one or two years we'll have the mkvi and you can get a gti-r? Plus I just love the s4. It's pure secks.

Khobin~

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'07 GTI, '97 YZF600R
3.6L Passat could be considered an upgrade... but then so could an Elise...:wink:

All depends on what sort of "upgrade" you are looking for: more room, luxury, performance, all of the above? :biggrin:

Sayemthree

Ready to race!
B6 S4 will suck gas and you will fill up every 3 days. get a 335i coupe and you will love it. double your turbo power.

steinbo

Passed Driver's Ed
S4, hands down. I have a B6S4 and love it. It is a beast. The engine is one of the best ever and the cams are chain driven (in the oil sump). It also has 4 door practicallity. The Recaro seats are a masterpiece. And, you can (and IMO must) get the 6 spd manual (which IMO has ruled out the R32 for me, period). You are comparing a $55k car to a $33k car. The reliability and fuel consumption will be about the same. I would try to find a certified one. And the 05's are better than the early 04s. Lurk and read in the Audiworld.com formum for these to get an idea what's going on with these. http://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/. The 335 is truly a masterpiece, but not if you live where there is snow, plus you will not find one priced like the B6

sleeks

Ready to race!
S4, hands down. I have a B6S4 and love it. It is a beast. The engine is one of the best ever and the cams are chain driven (in the oil sump). It also has 4 door practicallity. The Recaro seats are a masterpiece. And, you can (and IMO must) get the 6 spd manual (which IMO has ruled out the R32 for me, period). You are comparing a $55k car to a $33k car. The reliability and fuel consumption will be about the same. I would try to find a certified one. And the 05's are better than the early 04s. Lurk and read in the Audiworld.com formum for these to get an idea what's going on with these. http://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/. The 335 is truly a masterpiece, but not if you live where there is snow, plus you will not find one priced like the B6

Whats wrong with the 335 in snow? I prefer RWD (even in snow). That being said, I would take the S4 over the R32.
________
Volcano Vaporizers

Last edited:

Anytime08

4258/5000
haha well im looking for more luxury and performance actually, just dont know which one to choose. although the s4 will be used and suck up more gas, it is more practical, but the r32 will be new with waranty, that also sounds good. is there any other choices beside the 335i? what about 135i? i would like more input please thanks !

GTIxpinay

dirty pirate hooker
go for the s4. like the B5's more, but id take an s4 over an r32 anyday.