GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Stage II to MKV R32

Flipman416

Ready to race!
NO REGRETS AT ALL...I found one with only 16k in the ODO got an awesome deal...yeah I lost some power from the Stage II GTI...but man does the R feel more refined... I have not stopped smiling...Pictures coming soon...

gotti

.:R32 OG lulz...
Car(s)
.:R32
Why does it say you still drive a 08 gti then...

Last edited:

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
Because he's too busy driving it still to update his forum profile :lol:

Welcome OP; once you finally park it how about posting some pics? :thumbsup:

jshish23

n00b
Car(s)
'08 R32
Congrats and welcome. I've had mine for almost 2 years and when I go to the parking lot to drive, she still puts a smile on my face. :biggrin:

Flipman416

Ready to race!
Congrats and welcome. I've had mine for almost 2 years and when I go to the parking lot to drive, she still puts a smile on my face. :biggrin:

Good to hear....Man...now im wondering why I didnt get this first before the GTI.....the GTI was fun...but I dont think I will ever get a FWD car again...just my opinion...but this car is hell fun...took it to some twisties and its awesome how you can feel the haldex engage...

jshish23

n00b
Car(s)
'08 R32
Good to hear....Man...now im wondering why I didnt get this first before the GTI.....the GTI was fun...but I dont think I will ever get a FWD car again...just my opinion...but this car is hell fun...took it to some twisties and its awesome how you can feel the haldex engage...

Yeah, love the handling, I was chasing a Miata around some curvy roads yesterday and keeping right on him.

IMO, another really nice thing about the .:R is that it doesn't require a lot of heavy mods...it comes very fine tuned.

Flipman416

Ready to race!
Yeah, love the handling, I was chasing a Miata around some curvy roads yesterday and keeping right on him.

IMO, another really nice thing about the .:R is that it doesn't require a lot of heavy mods...it comes very fine tuned.

I mean unless you want to go crazy gung ho and spend an arm and a leg for a turbo or SC lol!!! I was also very surprised on how low it is on stock form...I was thinking that if I bought one I would have to drop it...I actually like the stock form its a perfect height for DD in my opinion.

xola3que

euroturd
congrats on the purchase, nice choice of color. Hope someday I take a break from this modding frenzy and go buy a R32 and be done with it.

Last edited:

gotti

.:R32 OG lulz...
Car(s)
.:R32
That's better...congrats...

MoB$TER

streetracing newbie
Congrats on the purchase, I went through the same route, stage 2 GTI to an R! I only miss the power I had before.

Flipman416

Ready to race!
Thanks Everyone...yeah the Stage 2 was fun...but man everytime I slammed on the gas the tires spun and spun lol it was fun but in a race..it was driving me crazy from a stop...I have tried with all my might to spin any tires on the R no such luck...just launches like a rocket from a standstill..