GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI on its way!! :)

sim542

Ready to race!
Hi guys, I joined this forum a while back and have been wanting a GTI for ages, finally ordered one jus recently and its coming in about a week or two, I cant wait!! :headbang:

It's an RS DSG, 5door.. I was initially confused on what to get (manual or dsg) but the threads here really helped me a ton.. So thanks guys! :thumbsup:

I'm really enjoying the forum and all the people here, it's good fun and at the same time really helpful!

Looking fwd to getting to know you guys and your awesome cars! :biggrin:

njohanss

Ready to race!
congrats man! post some pics when you get it

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
Congrats. Post pics.

sim542

Ready to race!
After seeing how much a GTI costs in the UK, I have to ask how much is it Botswana? Congrats on the car btw

Thanks. Well i'm paying around 23300 Pounds/ USD 46700. It's coming with all the extras available this side of the world. Is that expensive or cheap where you live? :confused:

mach5

you are next
Thanks. Well i'm paying around 23300 Pounds/ USD 46700. It's coming with all the extras available this side of the world. Is that expensive or cheap where you live? :confused:

Congrats on the new car!

I just have to say, holy crap!

I paid less than half of that for mine. These cars are expensive in other countries.

crbuke

2 Time GTI Owner 99/07

46700 US?

is it an R32? Jesus!!!:eek:

I got mine for under 24k USD

sim542

Ready to race!
woops sorry looks like I screwed up, its actually around USD $36900 = 18500 Pounds.. :redface:

But I guess thats still expensive.

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
Still...... that's 6900 over our fully loaded one

grasshopper

Frankie Says Reflex
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
There are intricacies to converting the cost of imported goods to two different countries. It's not a straight conversion. If you're in Botswana, what did you pay in Pulas? 155,000BWP roughly?

verschuur

The GTI I have on order here in the Netherlands is about 50K USD (about 37K EUR).

That gets me:

Standard equipment:
*Climatronic
*light package (lights and wipers)
*RCD300 radio
*17 inch Denver wheels
*manual transmission

I added as extra:
*5 dr
*speakers in rear
*multifunctional wheel with big display
*center armrest

So no xenon/HID headlights, no leather, no sunroof, no heated seats, no navigation, no tinted windows, no nice metallic paint...

Luckily it's a company car...

Menno

sim542

Ready to race!
There are intricacies to converting the cost of imported goods to two different countries. It's not a straight conversion. If you're in Botswana, what did you pay in Pulas? 155,000BWP roughly?

About P230,000, I'm actually buying it from South Africa so there's another conversion i had to do..