GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI in the snow...

the_saint

Touring Car Champion
...how does it handle? Does the ESP work good in the snow, keeping you moving with out spinning the tires all over the place?
I know tires are a major factor, but I also know that some cars, regardless of tires, are horrible in the snow. I just want to make sure the GTI isn't one of them.

magblixt

Drag Race Newbie
I'd say it is ok, no surprises and makes you feel safe. The big difference I'd say compared to other cars is the weight and the ride hight. This makes the experience much wors compared to my last car, a Volvo V70.

skota

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
I have the 18" wheels and summer tires so it's pretty ugly for me. I dig get the rear kicked out when I was turning and hit some slush. One of the stability programs kicked in and straightened things out very well. I was very impressed.

Oh yah, I will have some snows on next year, its just so late in the winter to get anything now.

Accel

Rally Car Champion
Little late in this, but I did some driving after a fairly heavy snow in Tahoe a few weeks back, car performed quite nice on the 17" all season contis, predictable and stable.

Also I'd add that the car feels amazing in the 20degree temps, an extra kick in the pants.