GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI has best sales month in 20 years!

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
I wonder if that'll make the dealerships less willing to negotiate price if they know that they are flying on quota for selling cars budget...

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
MAN... all the dealers in Cali say they are on their last shipment and the next ones are the 07's if you exclude the 5 door hb one.

They are extremely unwilling to negotiate even close to what people had 2 months ago. My price I am paying tommorow is 1k over what some have gotten OTD than 2 months ago. I called 6 dealers and the lowest quote I got OTD for a base 22,620 MSRP was $23,700 OTD.

Lynx

Passed Driver's Ed
LivEToDrivE said:
I wonder if that'll make the dealerships less willing to negotiate price if they know that they are flying on quota for selling cars budget...
I think if anything it will make them try to get as close to sticker as they can. Of course isnt that their objective anyway.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
It is, but they are willing to sacrifice cost if they can say they sold the most cars in a month. dealerships dont really compete for monetary value, but saying they sold more cars then the dealership 10 miles away. But obviously based on the way I think it'll go is that they see so many people wanting to buy GTI's they know they can sell the car for more than last month or the month before because of those figures above. I still think either way, if you still wait till the end of the month to get a better deal. If your a smart consumer you almost never buy at the begining, because they're rushing to make sales at the end of the month to beat out everybody else. AS far as the 5 door thing goes, I have no clue whats up with that, I'm a coupe guy all the way but let me know how that turns out...curious to understand why they're making those 5 door debut's so short..

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
Hmm, if I ended up with a 2007 cause I'm not buying till june/july, that would just be icing on the cake. Well if it has Launch Control in that is.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
What do you mean about the debut being "so short"?

LivEToDrivE said:
AS far as the 5 door thing goes, I have no clue whats up with that, I'm a coupe guy all the way but let me know how that turns out...curious to understand why they're making those 5 door debut's so short..

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
dwl137 said:
Hmm, if I ended up with a 2007 cause I'm not buying till june/july, that would just be icing on the cake. Well if it has Launch Control in that is.

I'm secretly hoping for a '07 too!!:w00t:

4GSixty3

Drag Racing Champion
yup, the price will go up this month, i bought mine last week and i paid $24,000 for a pkg 2, 6sp + 18" hoff. I brought my friend in to the same dealer and he is quoting him $24,500 now. Their reason is they are very low on supply and the sales is very strong. Well anyway thats DEMAND AND SUPPLY.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Rumor has it that the 5-door will be a 2007 and they will have Launch Control.