GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Coming soon...Audio Ideas

Imadeit

Rookie Tuner
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Alright I get my GTI in a week or two, just separated from the Air Force and waiting on some relo bonuses to come through. But I need some advice...

Black '08 Automatic w/ Sunroof.

I am looking for somewhat of a cost efficient system since I have a wife and kid. Ideally what I want is a Kicker l5/l7 solo baric (dont know what size)and an amp enough to push it. Any thoughts on that, I am looking for one sub (i think that is all i need for the small car) somewhere under $400. As far as the amp I am in the dark, rockford, kicker...give me some help. Also, I kind of like the factory cd player, or should I replace it if so give suggestions.

Please send links with any suggestions.

GTI KING

German rice...
hey mate, congrats on your purchase. Does your gti come with the normal sound package or premium? I think the two most cost effective things that you can do is change the headunit, and get a 4 channel amp.

Now if you were to look for headunits, i'd go for a double din, pioneer, alpine, kenwood, then jvc. I'd put them in that order. Even though Alpine has the best sound, with their new W502 with Imprint sound, the Pioneer has the most options. JVC is not the best, but is the best value, especially here in Australia.

Now with Amps, i'd suggest Orion, Alpine, Rockford, and Memphis. Obviously all these companies, have high and low end products so stay with higher models. I personally wouldn't put a sub in if your trying to save money since building a box that does not take up space costs a fair bit. I'd change speakers that would give you more midbass. Hope that helps - King

Imadeit

Rookie Tuner
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Thanks man, I am looking to stay away from the Head unit for now. I am looking for a solo baric, I love the kicker subs, and dont know if the inside speakers will be enough to satisfy my need for loud music. As far as the amps thanks, I think I am looking at getting an Orion on ebay.

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
Car(s)
89, 97 Jetta, 07 GTI

Imadeit

Rookie Tuner
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
I checked those sites out and it looks sort of skectchy...can you give me more info. FYI I got my GTI...2008 Auto Black and at 1% interest NASTY. Oh and the turbo gave me a chubby twice in ten miles.

HipMkV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
I've got an L7 with zx750 amp and lovin it. depends on how much you want to spend. I've ordered stuff from http://www.sonicelectronix.com (the amp in particular) and havent had any trouble. I can't speak for their Customer service as I havent had to use it, but they seem to have competitive pricing.

Imadeit

Rookie Tuner
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
I am looking for an amp and sub combo prob under 600. I love the inside speakers and dont think I want to replace them or the head unit at this time. Or for that matter anything in the engine. :) I want sound and look not actually speed I have had my fair share of tickets.

Cybe

GolfMK5 Graduate
Car(s)
89, 97 Jetta, 07 GTI
I checked those sites out and it looks sort of skectchy...can you give me more info. FYI I got my GTI...2008 Auto Black and at 1% interest NASTY. Oh and the turbo gave me a chubby twice in ten miles.

They are my two favorite manufacturers around. :) They make amps and speakers, not websites :)

Some other underground favorites:
Scott @ http://ficaraudio.com
Nick @ http://incriminatoraudio.com

Imadeit

Rookie Tuner
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
The amp prices on incriminator hurt my butt hole...

GTI KING

German rice...
what type of amp and sub are you going to run? are you just getting a box? or building a flush mount into trunk? i just got the Orion HCCA amps, and they sound so great, and they are affordable. Get a 1/600 HCCA Orion amp from Sonix Electronix, and a alpine 10inch R or X series, and u'll be sweet. then you can also get a 4/600 HCCA Orion Amp for your speakers. will make the oem speakers sound better and leave you space in future for upgrading. Dont forget to get dynamat too, just get xtreme bulk pack for like 130 or so online. - Good luck with it.

Imadeit

Rookie Tuner
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
I was wanting a 12' solo baric sub enclosed....and I was thinking the orion amp but never thought about it for the door speakers ...hmm Right now I am having a toss up whether to buy the system before some performance or look mods...

Imadeit

Rookie Tuner
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Right right....comp grade...well if I am looking at the MSRP then what is the actual price on most of them...I am not looking for anything too pricey I am looking for cost efficient...I have too many mods to make to drop A couple grand on a system. For now I would like to stay under $600

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Right right....comp grade...well if I am looking at the MSRP then what is the actual price on most of them...I am not looking for anything too pricey I am looking for cost efficient...I have too many mods to make to drop A couple grand on a system. For now I would like to stay under $600

Imadeit just wondering what HU you decided on?

I'm considering the Alpine 502 but not sure if the new bluetooth will be much better, and by the time you add on all the goodies like sat nav etc it all adds up in a big way.

GTI King have you tested out the Pioneers much? The D3 sounded good - is there a replacement yet?

cheers,

Edit: Trying to decide if these after market options are better than the RNS-510. Sound quality yes, but integration and OEMness i'm not sure. Anyone know if the 510 sounds any better than the RCD-500? I was originally planning to add an AudioControl DQL-8 which i was hoping would be enough, instead of the HU with imprint.