GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Audio Volume Question??

car

Autocross Champion
loccusst said:
Eh, I already yanked mine out. Sounds waaaaaaay better with the aftermarket stuff.

Of course it does, just like a Denon or Bose surround system sounds better than the speakers built into my television. Like someone said on another thread, this isn't a stereo with wheels, it's an automobile with a stereo.
If you (general "you," not anyone in particular) want to spend hundreds on a "phat, bumpin' system," do it, but you don't need to talk down to us lesser folk who think the factory stereo is good. :wink:
Still curious as to what the dissenters are listning to....

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Was I talking down to anyone???? I am a car guy. Both audio and performance. The radio in the GTI is better than most of the ones I yank out from time to time at work. For me I was used to a nice system in my civic and wanted to swap it over to the GTI. It sounds better but it is more than the oem radio price wise. I am actually glad they didn't put in a high dollar system in MY car because it would be more of a pain to put in my aftermarket stuff. For someone who just wants to leave the factory in then I wish they would of put in just a bit better system. Sorry if you think I was talking down to you.

car

Autocross Champion
It's all good, Loccust. All apologies for making that sound like my comments were directed at you. Your comments have been quite benign. :thumbsup:

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
K....I was wondering. LOL Cause, you know you are in the state next to me.... don't make me come over there!!! LOL
Nice taste in color by the way.

car

Autocross Champion
loccusst said:
K....I was wondering. LOL Cause, you know you are in the state next to me.... don't make me come over there!!! LOL
Nice taste in color by the way.

:biggrin:
Yep, it matches the midwest sky. You mean there were other choices?!

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Not in my book. Never understood why they used the white one in the comercials.

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
I am having a problem with my radio getting very soft and muffled...and then getting crisp and louder. And I have it at volume 8, so I know it is not cause I have it too loud. I also disabled the speed dohickey, so I know it's not that either. Help? or service?

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
If you have it that low and have all of the treble and bass nobs flat then yes, go to service.

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
when you say flat..what do you mean..I have the bass..almost all the way up, and the treble almost to almost the max...but I don't crank the radio

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
is this problem with the radio playing or the cd player or a mp3 burned on a cd. The only time i have noticed it doing anything funny is with a burned MP3 disk. It automatically adjusts the output it seems to me. If the track has too much distortion the radio only lets it play so loud. I think it works great and have no probs with my radio. Personnaly i havent seen to many factory systems with 10 speakers in a small car that sounds as good as this one does.. I guess if i had money to waste i might upgrade the sound system. I would rather listen to my fast and get an intake and a chip mod. I dont listen to rap or other music like that. But i have no problem with heavy bass in jazz music. System sounds great with breat music being played.

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
It does it on fm/sat and cd. It didn't seem to do it this morning, but I am watching it closely. It seems to be something a lot of people are complaining about in some way or form. But I don't want to replace the radio under warrantee if I am just going to get the same issues.

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I am getting the same thing when listening to FM radio stations. The volume seems to go down at random times even if I have it at a reasonable level. Havent noticed it happen when listening to MP3s though. I also checked to make sure the volume/speed thing was off. I am thinking this might be a recall issue.

plac

GTI Master
jesterjay said:
when you say flat..what do you mean..I have the bass..almost all the way up, and the treble almost to almost the max...but I don't crank the radio

flat means no boost. of course you're going to soft clip with all that crap maxed.

this is how the stereo was designed. read the manual.

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
They were not maxed...just 3/4 or a touch more. I do not listen to music much over volume 8-10 so I would hope that the radio wan't that sensitive. Either way, I think it's all set now.

plac

GTI Master
the clipping happens with anything 2/3 or more for most people. Your settings are way maxed compared to anyone elses. And you're soft clipping.

I got a call from the GTI launch team today, and im going in for a radio reflash to eliminate this soft clipping feature next week.