GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Audio Volume Question??

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
As with anybody, music sound better to me differently than others. I turned down my bass and treble to half and it sounded terrible...then I adjusted it a little higher. I haven't heard the clipping again, but even if I did...I would rather listen to the music the way I like...even if I get the clipping now and then. Putting the controls lower just doesn't sound right to my ears. Let me know what happens with this "reflash"

plac

GTI Master
The reflash removes the soft clipping feature completely. And a lot of people have already got it but couldnt talk about it yet. If you want it, do your legwork and go thru VW.com..

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
I hope this doesn't come out the wrong way, but I thought the whole purpose of this site was to help people out. Telling me and everyone else with this issue to go "do your legwork" seems to be the exact opposite of why we are on this site. The techs here have not heard of the reflash, so I guess I will wait for someone who has had it done to help. I hope when you ( plac ) have a question for someone, they extend the same courtesy and tell you to go find the answer out for yourself.

TheGr8Scuda

Go Kart Newbie
plac said:
the clipping happens with anything 2/3 or more for most people. Your settings are way maxed compared to anyone elses. And you're soft clipping.

I got a call from the GTI launch team today, and im going in for a radio reflash to eliminate this soft clipping feature next week.

Was this covered under warranty?:confused:

plac

GTI Master
The only way you will get offered this is thru VW, smart guy. Not like I have a secret code I can give everyone.

you dont ask for something, you wont get it. simple as that. This is not a major recall. Its a car by car case basis. You open a ticket on VW.com, you'll get an email or call from a support guy in 1-2 days. I got that a long time ago. Then i got the call today from the escalated support directly. This takes time, and if you dont have the time, then you dont care about this issue enough to fix it.

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
If you wordered it the right way, then you wouldn't have looked like you were trying to withold info. If you read your post, you clearly seem like you know how to fix it...but don't want to share. I apologize for assuming, but come on...look for yourself and tell what you would think..

jesterjay

Drag Racing Champion
Yes, why don't you!!!!! And while you're at it, why don't you see that your second post tells all the info that would have made it easier. The first post said to go on VW.com and do legwork...where as the second said all that would be expected. Please, don't even start.

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
plac said:
The only way you will get offered this is thru VW, smart guy. Not like I have a secret code I can give everyone.

you dont ask for something, you wont get it. simple as that. This is not a major recall. Its a car by car case basis. You open a ticket on VW.com, you'll get an email or call from a support guy in 1-2 days. I got that a long time ago. Then i got the call today from the escalated support directly. This takes time, and if you dont have the time, then you dont care about this issue enough to fix it.
Ok when im on VW.com... what section do i go to, cuz this freakin clipping pisses me off :mad:

plac

GTI Master
man, you guys gotta use common sense. figure out where to contact support. Its the same format as every other website in the world. You'll need your VIN to even get through.