GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI 2006 Headlights stuck down

ewellens

Evan
Car(s)
06 GTI MKV
Seems the headlight cycling on my 06 GTI has stopped working and the lights are low( not great for night driving ). I read about having the vag code cleared and codes checked in general, so I went to local shop. They kept cycling and you could hear the motor engaging and trying to rise to no avail. Guy quickly said I need new lights, which seems contrary to what I've read here on the forum. Can anyone explain how this works ? Is it all internal to the headlight fixture ? Seemed form the forum it was not, but I couldn't find the assembly pictured on my car. Any help or advice would be awesome !! ps No work was done that initiated this , just one cold night it stopped working.

Thx !!!!!

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
Id check the headlights level sensor on the control arm in the front and in the rear of the car.

You can also manually raise the headlights as well

ewellens

Evan
Car(s)
06 GTI MKV
Id check the headlights level sensor on the control arm in the front and in the rear of the car.

Thanks for the reply!!

Do you know how I'd recognize this ? Is there a place that has a picture so I have some clew. I went searching and couldn't find the linkage. So there is nothing in the headlights themselves, correct ?

ewellens

Evan
Car(s)
06 GTI MKV

Would it be possible you could explain how to raise them manually. I mean the car's 10 years old, I just need them to point forward and I'll do cartwheels..

Thanks !

ewellens

Evan
Car(s)
06 GTI MKV
Thanks for the link.. I'll have to check this over the w/e... Does this explain though that the motor is trying to raise the lights yet can't ? Do you know if the motor is in the light housing ? Is there a way to manually adjust the level w/o the motor ? Sorry if these are newb questions.. Just trying to understand if I really have to replace the entire headlight assembly or if I can just manually get them pointed a bit higher.

danjett

Passed Driver's Ed
Disconnect the leveling motors inside the headlight(you will disable this function). Level them manually, they'll be at that position from now on, you won't have any problems after. Headlights will work just fine. That's what I did.

Codeblue1100

Hey guys.. Brand new to the site.. Please direct me or help anyway you can.. I'm having a problem finding a replacement for my broken HID headlight for my MKV R32.. I'm going crazy.. Thanks so much.. It won't let me post a new topic so I'm not sure what to do.. Thanks again.. Blue