GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Apex ARC-8 Wheels

Are you interested in the Apex Wheel group buy?

• Total voters

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
When you get a minute, could you please post a few photos of what you did?
Zip Ties?
Nutserts?
That fuel filler pipe and guard has a certain degree of flexibility. Just trying to visualize what your anchor points are. So would appreciate that.

265 RE71 vs 255 MPS4S. Huge difference in tread width. I’m flush with no issues with the outside rear fender. Your wheel is sticking out by 20-25mm at the rear. Your tire comes close but doesn’t appear to contact the rear fender. I’m not sure if running on track would be any worse.......? As long as you stayed off the curbing.

Your front wheel appears flush with the front fender but that may just be the angle. I’d expect the front to be similar to the rear.

Autocross tends to provoke a lot of weight transfer and body roll, so probably worse than track driving (minus curbs).

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
My thoughts exactly.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
I appreciate the pic of the 9” wide rim. An et 40 is most probably a better option or a 5mm spacer.

Try using drive up ramps like rhino ramps. It will be a better reflection than checking on a hoist where the suspension is in full droop. I suspect that the clearance will be tighter than your photo shows.

Apologies for the crap photo, was a screen grab from a video as I don't have ramps. Here's the passenger rear with the suspension loaded.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Interesting. I run -2.0 rear with a 17x8 + 48 and have run a 255, 245, 235, and probably a 225 next. I've never had rubbing like that.

From your photo I can't see why you'd rub, either. That's a lot of clearance (more than I have with a 255 and 17x9+45). Have you checked if there's play in your wheel or a worn out bushing or something? That amount of wheel/tire deflection is pretty huge.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Interesting. I run -2.0 rear with a 17x8 + 48 and have run a 255, 245, 235, and probably a 225 next. I've never had rubbing like that.

From your photo I can't see why you'd rub, either. That's a lot of clearance (more than I have with a 255 and 17x9+45). Have you checked if there's play in your wheel or a worn out bushing or something? That amount of wheel/tire deflection is pretty huge.
Are you referring to my picture? Still don't know why the liner was rubbed or how the shock was rubbed as well. I run different wheels in the winter and for the track so I can't pinpoint which wheels caused what. My 245/40's are almost done now so I'm debating moving to 255 or staying with 245 to be safe.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Are you referring to my picture? Still don't know why the liner was rubbed or how the shock was rubbed as well. I run different wheels in the winter and for the track so I can't pinpoint which wheels caused what. My 245/40's are almost done now so I'm debating moving to 255 or staying with 245 to be safe.
Compound to compound you won't notice that 10mm difference, unless you're secretly randy pobst, 😂 . You may notice the gearing difference though...