GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grams Performance 70mm TB problem

BoostedMK5GTI

Car(s)
MK5 GTI
Hello everyone,

Im new in this forum, i've been using the forum offline for a while but thought to make an account and ask some questions my self to save up some hustle.
I own a MKV GTI ED240, my engine is semi forged (head is not forged yet) running a little over 390hp.
K04 conversion, running bigger injectors (dynodromes) to fit my future turbo.

Recently i bought the above mentioned throttle body, but my ECU isnt reponding very well to it.
I get 3 errors:
Actuator
Position sensor
Throttle body it self

When i turn my key to ON, i hear the TB clicking, which means it just moved a bit but when starting the car the car runs really bad.
if i measure 060 block, it stays on 16%, trying to calibrate it comes back with an error, it seems like the TB and my ECU arent comunicating well.

In an another forum, i saw i needed to change some wires to make it work properly, others say the TB should work pug and play..

I really dont know where to search anymore, it would be a shame to throw away 400$ and put the OEM TB back in the car.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
I even can pay through paypal, just need it solved so i can retune my car again.

Thanks in advance

BoostedMK5GTI

Car(s)
MK5 GTI
Well, i've got an hold of grams performance.
They asked me to disconnect the battery for at least 15 minutes, connect the OEM TB first, turn the key over to ON for 10 seconds at least, turn off the car and switch to the grams performance TB.
That should solve the problem.

The problem im having now is the following, lets say my battery dies over one day and i need to switch my battery over.
That means my ECU is not gonna recognize the TB again unless i re-do their instructions again....

Im thinking about just refunding my purchase as misleading advertisement and call it a day..

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Its one of those mods that sounded like a good idea but really the throttle body is not a choke point and no benefit in upgrading it. Lots of folks make much more power through stock throttle body. My car is 480whp through stock throttle body and many folks making much more than that. I remember the interest in the part a while back but there wasn't any benefit to it for us. Perhaps on an NA motor there would be.