GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

got my beater car

ronmexico

Ready to race!
Finally pulled the trigger on beater. Was looking all over for a Forester XT, but couldn't find one that was in good shape and in my price range. So we (my wife and I) decided to go a different direction, we ended up with a 98 Prelude with 105,000 miles. Picked it up for pretty cheap and is in shockingly good shape. She wanted a prelude back in the day, and I wanted something semi fun to drive but more importantly easy and cheap to fix, so honda it is.

Im having some mixed feeling right now, there seems to a bit of bad blood between the Honda enthusiast and the VW enthusiast clearly I side with the VW folk so its kind of a weird feeling to driving both. I got this car because I dont want to be beating up my R with daily driving, so maybe its the ultimate FU to the honda folk, use their car as the beater :) Im not a honda hater (most of the time) I started with a GSR and I feel like that car put me on the route to VW, but regardless, It fun as hell revving a car to 7000 RPMs as it screams all the way there, its just real funny how long it takes to get there!

remember this is my beater, so dont beat me up for buying a honda!

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
How's it working out so far?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Love that car and the Acura Integra but yea ricers ruin them for the most part. Occasionally you see a very well- taken care of Prelude/Integra.

ronmexico

Ready to race!
How's it working out so far?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

so far so good! It drives really well for an old car, you can for sure tell it has miles, but I have driven cars with 70K that drive rougher. So the previous owner did take care of it.

Its hard to believe that this car is 16 years old. When you look at it it looks 10000 times better then some of the cars on the road today/.

ronmexico

Ready to race!
Its really nice driving around and not worrying about things. I really dont care if the car gets dinged, or bottoms out or whatever. Its also nice to be able to take the R apart and not worry about putting it back together before I need to go out.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I have been eyeballing some preludes. My GTI is slowly becoming a beater, thanks to door dings and rock chips. 112k miles and climbing doesn't help either.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
So are you planning to do any mods on the prelude? or maybe an intake or something?

ronmexico

Ready to race!
So are you planning to do any mods on the prelude? or maybe an intake or something?

ha! Its crossed my mind, but I dont think so. If anything maybe an AEM intake but thats like 250 I could put into the R. I just dont know if I can bring myself to put any money into the car other then keeping it running.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
Fair enough. Though I've spotted some for about a 100 or so.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Me too. Have you driven it much yet and how do you like it??