GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good Bye Engine Rocking (BSH Mounts Inside)

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
Well, finally got around to getting back to my apartment (I am watching a friends home these past few weeks) and found a nice little gift from my UPS man at the front door.

I will be installing these in the coming moments. I plan to have plenty of pictures as well as initial thoughts for you guys tonight!!

A set of amazing components...and then BSH's engine mounts too :wink:

Engine Mount

Tranny Mount

gizmo

Banned
So, what makes these better than the competition?

gizmo

Banned
so, there is nothing about this that is differnet from the VF kit other than color?

How much for a full set of VF mounts new? BSH?

HipToss

Behind the iron sights
Car(s)
2008 GTI
LRF, you doing the install yourself? If so, can you do a DIY. I plan on getting these and want to do it myself in the driveway.

Respect,

A

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Subscribed. Now thats 2 reviews you owe us ;)

itskv

APR Stage II+
sub'd.

tsigli

Ready to race!
will these basically work the same as the tsi mounts...i.e if theres a ton of vibration on the fsi will there be a lot on the tsi?

rbradleymedmd

Go Kart Champion
Ryan, this isn't the best DIY since it deals with an AT Passat; however, it does give you a slight idea of what you will be looking at once you get into the tranny mount install (the side engine mount is cake...no DIY necessary). Just disregard the tranny cooler steps and it will be pretty similar to what you will be doing. Best of luck and just make sure you support the engine while installing both sides. :thumbsup:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4016465

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
so, there is nothing about this that is differnet from the VF kit other than color?

How much for a full set of VF mounts new? BSH?

More aggresive Durometer (spelling??) then the VF and better construction IMO. I had the VF's for like...one day...and the engine mount (not the tranny one) touched the engine and sent GOD AWFUL vibrations through the cabin. not like normal vibrations from mounts...like...BAD ones. Anyways, the BSH had absolutely no hiccups. I started at about 7 and got done at roughly 8:30. So it was pretty quick

LRF, you doing the install yourself? If so, can you do a DIY. I plan on getting these and want to do it myself in the driveway.

Respect,

A

I am doing it myself, already did it myself, look at the next post :biggrin: in a few moments. Install is pretty easy, but if you want I can run through the steps involved. Let me know :thumbsup:

Subscribed. Now thats 2 reviews you owe us ;)

I know...sorry dude. This one will be over soon...lol. Like I said, the next post!

will these basically work the same as the tsi mounts...i.e if theres a ton of vibration on the fsi will there be a lot on the tsi?

I would have no reason to not believe this train of thought.

Ryan, this isn't the best DIY since it deals with an AT Passat; however, it does give you a slight idea of what you will be looking at once you get into the tranny mount install (the side engine mount is cake...no DIY necessary). Just disregard the tranny cooler steps and it will be pretty similar to what you will be doing. Best of luck and just make sure you support the engine while installing both sides. :thumbsup:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4016465

Thanks Ryan. I already installed the VF ones about two years ago...and kept them for a day cause the crappy vibration I spoke of earlier. Thanks anyways dude!

Phil@BSH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTi FSi

Yessir. Only thing different is the little black bracket that sits on top. Had them on my MK6 since it has 140 miles :smile:

rbradleymedmd

Go Kart Champion
Thanks Ryan. I already installed the VF ones about two years ago...and kept them for a day cause the crappy vibration I spoke of earlier. Thanks anyways dude!

Duh! You mentioned that earlier...my bad! Glad to hear the install went smoothly...just be lucky you don't have to deal with that frickin' tranny cooler mounted to the battery box. :mad:

Looking forward to your thoughts/review on the BSH pieces. :thumbsup:

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
I'm trying to write a review in word and then transfer it, but my girlfriend is talking my ear off about carving pumpkins! Doesn't she know I have a review to write!!!! :paddle:

Women these days...:thumbdown::wink: