GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R PCV on a GTI FSI?

GTIAPRK04

Cam Follower Replacer
Looked all around and haven't seen anything on this...

So we all know the MKVI Golf R used an upgraded version of the FSI motor many of us have in our MKV GTIs. Now, one of the biggest problems we run into when upgrading our performance, especially to K04 and beyond, is that the stock PCV cannot handle the increased boost. VW has released numerous revisions for their faulty valve, but still, they are only meant for stock boost pressure.

While catch cans and block-off plates are great, they don't offer the benefits of a vacuum drawn at idle, and they naturally mean a little pressure build-up in the crankcase which can be less friendly to older oil seals and gaskets.

Here's the point. The Golf R comes stock with a K04, so does it not have a beefier PCV to handle it? It appears the product number is the same (06F129101) but there are a different set of revision numbers for the GTI (E, G, P), with P as the latest, and the Golf R (C, D, F, K, L, N, R), with R as the latest. The Golf R PCV looks a bit fatter, but maybe its just me.

Everyone seems to sell the Golf R and GTI valves separately, with the R going for more:

GTI: http://www.germanautoparts.com/productdisplay/121850
R: http://www.germanautoparts.com/productdisplay/136654

Anyone know anything more about this?

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I just want to be able to upgrade my APR tune all the way to stage 2+ without having to worry if my PCV is gonna take a dump on me. But I also don't want to have to install a block off plate and a catch can. So if I can just get the Revision R PCV valve from the Golf R and bolt it onto my engine and be done with it, then that would be cool.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I just want to be able to upgrade my APR tune all the way to stage 2+ without having to worry if my PCV is gonna take a dump on me.

People never post on the forums when things go right, ran a stock PCV while stage 1 and 2+ and never had an issue.

Blockoff plates just dump crankcase gas/juice/vapor pre-turbo without the benefit of the OEM PCV's oil separator and catch cans require looking after,

I would not be super concerned about it.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
People never post on the forums when things go right, ran a stock PCV while stage 1 and 2+ and never had an issue.

Blockoff plates just dump crankcase gas/juice/vapor pre-turbo without the benefit of the OEM PCV's oil separator and catch cans require looking after,

I would not be super concerned about it.

Also been on stock for 20k with a stage 2 tune driving HARD. Absolutely no issues

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
It's just so hard to decide what to do, because some people are fine with the stock PCV valve at stage 2+, and others are having it fail on them with stock tuning. I guess the only way to really know for sure would be to just upgrade my ecu and find out. I really need to stop trying to prevent issues that might not actually happen, I have a nasty habit of doing that.