GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf GTTDI 2ltr

Mca123

Car(s)
Golf
Hi and thank you for letting me join this group. I have gold gttdi and all was good till one day wile driving to london it shut down and would not start so I took off the air intake pipe off and sprayed some sniff and it started and drove about 20 and it did it again so I had it transported to a garage in ho investigated further and changed the fuel pump in the tank and the wiring loom in the rocker cover and it is still cutting out and not starting when on a long journey. Has any one come across this problem !! We don’t know where to go next ? Thank you Michael

richards racingmad

Car(s)
2.0 GT TDI 16V
Hi, I'm new here too....
Years ago on a Ford Petrol P100 pick up it did a similar thing - ended up it was a faulty fuel pump relay. Did the garage find anything on a diagnostic plug in check?
(I am not a mechanic, and it sounds like you need to speak to one.)
Good luck - I hope you find the problem and get it fixed soon.

Mca123

Car(s)
Golf
Hi and thank you I have now booked it in at VW dealers for a diagnostic check as there’s can pickup where my local garage cannot I hope 🤞will let you know what happens and thanks again Michael

Mca123

Car(s)
Golf
Any news? Have you had the Diagnostic Check done yet?
Hi Richard
Yes had the Diagnostic check and they could not find the fault but they said that the fuel pipes on the fuel pump were the wrong way round and changed them to the right way I put them on the way they came off so they where the wrong way round originally I am hoping that it was that but not been out the far with the car yet will keep you informed. Thanks
Michael

richards racingmad

Car(s)
2.0 GT TDI 16V
Fingers crossed for you - when the P100 stopped it was when engine was up to temp/ hot. It was fine when cold. But gradually it worsened..............and would stop when just been warmed up. Obviously a diagnostic only shows faults when a fault occurs- i.e when the engine was hot and the relay has causing a problem.