GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF GTI 30th ANNIVERSARY EDITION!

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Didn't see this posted yet on this forum... so...

Mostly a few cosmetic changes, bumpers, 30th Anni badge, as well as a remap to 230bhp. I particularly like the cloth-leather mix seats and don't think that the black 18 Detroits look too bad either.

Autocar story:
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News_Article.asp?NA_ID=220059

Omniauto story (Italian):
http://www.omniauto.it/magazine/articolo/1629/volkswagen_golf_gti_edition_30.html

Jibbly

Level 50 Ninja Pirate
Oooh, I really like the DSG shifter-esque thingie. The golf ball pattern on there is quite awesome..

I love the wheels too, I really want black Huffs on my BM MkV...

Hopefully I might be able to order some at some point, that'd be so much better than painting mine...

- Jibbly

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
BlackmagicMKV said:
I love the steering wheel
its just our steering wheel, with the GTI background painted red. get some watercolor and do that.

actually that plate can be bought seperatly and just replaced on our steering wheel.

this is a dissapointment IMO for an anniversary model.

alf

GTI2007

alf said:
its just our steering wheel, with the GTI background painted red. get some watercolor and do that.

actually that plate can be bought seperatly and just replaced on our steering wheel.

this is a dissapointment IMO for an anniversary model.

alf

if you look good you can also see that the steering wheel has red stitchings instead of the normal black ones.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
GTI2007 said:
if you look good you can also see that it has red stitchings instead of the normal black ones.
u see, i couldnt even notice it. i believe if you go with an anniversary edition, make it a BANG. shouldve just made the whole steering wheel red. the steering wheel with red stitching just doesnt contrast too well in my eyes.

a bit ricey IMO, might as well had mad ethe dash red, and the radio surroundings in red while they were at it.

i DO like the DSG golf ball though, looks neat, too bad that in america the GOLF ball would have to bee a RABBITS FOOT.

alf

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
The Polo GTI has red stitching on the wheel. I'm surprised the normal GTI doesn't...

I wouldn't mind leather side bolsters either, but that can easily be done aftermarket with better quality leather. I might just get the whole seat done...

Don't know about the white radio buttons...

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
I was wondering if they were going to release a 30th Anniversary edition. Was going to go and ask my dealer (not that they would have a clue :rolleyes:).

The power increase is nice, and I really do like the R32 style tail lights, they're a must have for me on a Black Magic. :drool: I agree with alf though, regarding the rest of the changes being a little weak.
I like the idea of the steering with red stitching but those interior shots aren't that great, which makes it tough to judge. I always thought the black leather seats would look good with red stitching too.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
ApexTwin said:
I was wondering if they were going to release a 30th Anniversary edition. Was going to go and ask my dealer (not that they would have a clue :rolleyes:).

The power increase is nice, and I really do like the R32 style tail lights, they're a must have for me on a Black Magic. :drool: I agree with alf though, regarding the rest of the changes being a little weak.
I like the idea of the steering with red stitching but those interior shots aren't that great, which makes it tough to judge. I always thought the black leather seats would look good with red stitching too.
its NOT a power increase, they are just calling it 230HP since the engine is underrated, kinda what they did with the 1.8T when it was rated 150WHP then dynoed at 150+HP then they rated it at 180HP the next year, wow what a coincedence(SP) 30hp.

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Well, if that's the case, it's even less appealing.

Why would I pay a (likely) premium for a car that's advertised as more powerful, yet, in reality is identical to the standard GTI? No thanks! :iono: