GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Going to Japan and Thailand for 3 weeks... any hints?

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Thai food has exploded all over the place, I eat it often. The American version is very tasty. I'm curious to see what I actually end up eating when I visit Asia next year. I can only imagine it isn't similar to all of the stuff we have here.

I don't mind the fake American stuff though. Like Mexican, I enjoy it but I also like Taco Bell. They're very different but both enjoyable.

myMK6fool

Ready to race!
You gotta check out Phi Phi island.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
I'd be curious to try actual thai food, I like the restaurants they have here.

Have a very open mind, very tasty stuff
Not like the American Thai food here

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I'd be curious to try actual thai food, I like the restaurants they have here.

If you're happy with your current thai food options then you don't want real thai food. I was in the same boat, now I'm pissed that I can't get real thai food in settle.

My coworkers took me to a random place outside of bangkok that as a tourist I would have never been able to eat at. They ruined me....

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I don't know. Fake things can be good when the fake ones aren't really anything like the real ones.

Actual burgers vs. mcdoubles

mexican food vs taco bell

both can be tasty.

I hate food that's so spicy it doesn't taste like anything but fire and pain though, so real asian food might be shitty.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
If you're happy with your current thai food options then you don't want real thai food. I was in the same boat, now I'm pissed that I can't get real thai food in settle.

My coworkers took me to a random place outside of bangkok that as a tourist I would have never been able to eat at. They ruined me....

It is how I feel about Chinese food after being in China for a month.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
It is how I feel about Chinese food after being in China for a month.

after i spent a month last year in china I was thankful for panda express.

bowls mystery foods become tiresome

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
after i spent a month last year in china I was thankful for panda express.

bowls mystery foods become tiresome

Bummer. We were always taken to the best places. There were some pretty shitty boxed lunch things they would bring in to the classes every once in a while, but for dinner it was always amazing high priced meals.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I had many amazing high priced meals too, thanks to my hosts.

But still, i like to know what I'm eating. and don't like pulling bone fragments out of my mouth.

hotpot in chengdu. barf.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Lod chong in cocoanut milk was great. this was in mahachai thailand.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
How could you not have liked hot pot in Chengdu? That is where I was, Chengdu. Beijing only for 5 days.

Shit man, lemme transfer some of my pics over to this computer...

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I like meat to be meat, not various parts of the animal. I like fish to be fish. Eel was the one thing I could safely turn too. When the plate of brains arrived, i had to find my mental happy place. I just highly dislike eating mystery parts with bone fragment embedded.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I like meat to be meat, not various parts of the animal. I like fish to be fish. Eel was the one thing I could safely turn too. When the plate of brains arrived, i had to find my mental happy place. I just highly dislike eating mystery parts with bone fragment embedded.

Gotcha. When I was there I lived by the "try anything once" mantra, no matter my thoughts on the name, body part, texture, look or whatever.

Turned out to be the best thing I did. Only the chicken blood was really disgusting. Everything else was delicious.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I was a vegetarian for 9 years so still a bit sensitive to what I consume.

I wish I had it in me to do street food. Some of it looks and smells amazing. It's the lack of sanitation that keeps me from it. I wish I wasn't a wuss about things like that.