GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Going to Glendale/LA

darkorb

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Rabbit
Hey guys,

im coming from toronto/mississauga and going to be in LA/Glendale for a wedding, gonna be there for 13 days, wondering what is there to do?

GOnna be staying at family houses, any good attractions n stuff?

Ty!:thumbup:

califrag

SoCal 562 Area
Car(s)
2009 BMM GTI
Lots of stuff to do... I've lived in Los Angeles area my entire life (almost 28 years now).. there's a lot of stuff I don't mention but I'm sure other people can add stuff...

Drives:
PCH (almost anywhere except south bay area)
Palos Verdes Drive\Rolling Hills Estates
Mulholland Drive\Stunt Road
Carbon Canyon
Santiago Canyon\Modjeska Canyon\Live Oak Canyon
Turnbull Canyon
Azusa Canyon\Glendora Mountain Road
Desert Roads \ Highway 395
Ortega Highway
Palms to Pines Highway

"Tourist Traps"***:
Hollywood Walk of Fame
Olvera Street (Little Tijuana)
Santa Monica Pier
Huntington Beach Pier
Venice Beach Boardwalk

Thousands of Museums:
The Getty
Petersen Auto
Jurassic Technology
Tolerance
Natural History
etc

Zoos
Los Angeles
Santa Ana
San Diego

Amusement Parks:
Disneyland
Knotts Berry Farm
Magic Mountain

Beaches:
Malibu
Venice
Santa Monica
Hermosa
Manhattan
Newport
Huntington
etc.

Mountain Resorts (no snow right now though..)
Mountain High
Big Bear
Mammoth

lots of historical places, lots of hiking trails...
lots of theatres (broadway style)

***When I say tourist trap, I just mean that there is a risk that you will overpay for 'souvenir' items which are marked up in price because of the location they are selling at.. like little "Oscar" statues in hollywood, or sombreros at olvera street or little beach decorations at the beach... anyways.

Last edited:

Big A

Smoked dem cigarettes
maybe i'm just boring, or not 21 yet, but i can't find anything completely interesting to do here anymore thats exciting. i'd definitely go to hollywood if I were you though and just walk up and down hollywood blvd, check everything out (get there around 5/6pm so you can see the best of the day and once it turns night, it turns into a whole new freak show lol)

beaches? closest one is santa monica/venice to glendale.

hm!

califrag

SoCal 562 Area
Car(s)
2009 BMM GTI
maybe i'm just boring, or not 21 yet, but i can't find anything completely interesting to do here anymore thats exciting. i'd definitely go to hollywood if I were you though and just walk up and down hollywood blvd, check everything out (get there around 5/6pm so you can see the best of the day and once it turns night, it turns into a whole new freak show lol)

beaches? closest one is santa monica/venice to glendale.

hm!

I agree that Hollywood blvd is a must. Just be aware that the people in costumes are possible sex offenders, and if you take a picture of them you are obligated to pay them money or else they get really angry. It's one of those things you have to do once in your life given the opportunity. Check out Grauman's Chinese Theatre, the van tours are fun and cheap (you can really haggle them down on the prices) Check out the Hollywood Sign (best place to view is debateable: griffith park, canyon lake, beachwood) I have to say that viewing it from griffith park is awesome...

bb8892

Ready to race!
Go to the Glendale Galleria, Americana.... catch a movie... have a nice dinner!
There is also Six Flags Magic Mountain you can check out.