GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GoFundMe Page for My Dog: Winston

TooManyCars

Hey everyone - if you can please share my GoFundMe link. This is to raise funds for my dog's medical costs, which have reached $10K. He was recently diagnosed with autoimmune derived meningoencephalitis. Winston recently went through Chemo to suppress immunity and is on prescription medication to deal with the swelling. Doctors have given us a 66% chance that the treatment plan will be successful.

https://www.gofundme.com/winston-needs-help

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXeQ3XClm6Z/

Admins please delete if this isn't appropriate.

Thanks!

Last edited:

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
I’m going to be that guy. Why not just cut your losses and put him down? I have had many dogs and I understand how hard it is to part with them, but if it severely affects your finances, maybe it needs to be considered. Just a thought.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I’m going to be that guy. Why not just cut your losses and put him down? I have had many dogs and I understand how hard it is to part with them, but if it severely affects your finances, maybe it needs to be considered. Just a thought.

Not really appropriate... Nobody buys a dog planning on having to spend 10k on a medical procedure.

OP, hope Winston is feeling better. He's a beautiful dog

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
^clearly. But if it happens, wouldnt you have the sense to say enough is enough?

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I don't mean to be insensitive as I love our pups and nursed one recently for her last year and 6 months before making the tough call.

If you haven't done so, I would get 2nd, 3rd, and 4th opinions from vets on this before going through this.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Donated. Good luck, thinking about Winston. Keep us updated.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

Mike-E

Go Kart Newbie

Not just the money. Do what is best for the dog. Don't make him suffer. I had to put my 16 year old Lab down. I cried like a baby for a week. It was the hardest thing I ever did, but he needed it.

TooManyCars

Hello All,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and well wishes for Winston. For us, the medical costs were incremental — each step brought us closer to a diagnosis and clear prognosis. Winston is our pet and a member of the family. I understand it is different for every person but we could not simply place a price tag on his life. The doctor expects a full recovery for Winston.*He is still very young and has the ability to live a long and healthy life with the right treatments. We also consulted with another doctor for a second opinion. He concurred with the findings and supports our decision to treat. Winston has had several treatments now and looks much better. He’s finally able to walk, eat, drink, and even played with his toy for the first time since he got sick 2 weeks ago. His follow-up appointment is scheduled for next week. I hope to have more good news to share with you soon. Thank you!

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
thanks for sharing all the detail :) wishing you and your pet well.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Not just the money. Do what is best for the dog. Don't make him suffer. I had to put my 16 year old Lab down. I cried like a baby for a week. It was the hardest thing I ever did, but he needed it.

16 is very old for a lab, he lived a good life. A one year old pup deserves the 66% chance of recovery

kliimotorwerkes

kliimotorwerkes.com
Car(s)
Mk6 CW GTI
Just sent over some help for your sweet boy, and spreading the word for Winston through our pitty's Instagram too (@pitfitfun). Hopefully this helps and wishing for a speedy recovery for your little guy.

- Jesse, Brody, and the rest of the Klii team