GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

god i'm back again

chorales

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 GTI
sooooooo i changed my upper timing cover that appears to have stopped the leak or at least drastically lessened it...
this morning about 20 miles into my 30 mile commute i noticed the idle had dropped about 200 RPMS lower than usual and i smelled something in the cabin, the closer i got to work the idle was pulsing and i had tons of white smoke coming out of the exhaust, so much that i had a coworker that was behind me follow me in and ask me what was wrong with my car because i was gassing him to death. I have had this car for the last 2 years (first time it has been driven in 0 degree temps though), never had an issue like this but what i don't get is i did not have a CEL at all. if i had a cylinder getting flooded or something screwy with my MAF i assume I would have had a CEL out of that but i had nothing. so at this point I am not sure where to look first. i've read about people having injectors sticking open and coil packs taking a dump but I just don't get why I would not have a CEL for something like that. :mad:
thoughts???

chorales

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 GTI
replying to myself i guess. car ran fine for my afternoon commute. scanned with vagcom had a 4506 fuel pressure sensor G247 malfunction intermittent....and that was all.

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
Some more info on your code: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/P119A/004506

Could be an injector, but I would recommend doing some logging to start pointing fingers at something before you throw parts at it.

In my experience, coil packs usually net you some misfires. If you have to replace them go with R8 coil packs (06E905115G) as they provide better ignition and longevity over the OEM coil packs.

chorales

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 GTI
hahah yeah thats me...making the rounds...
i attempted to log data with vagcom it loses contact with the controller about 5 seconds after i start the motor, for the 5 seconds or so that i could see data my requested fuel pressure was 60 bar actual was almost spot on i only saw it below 59 for the brief seconds it was actually working. vagcom not working right is a whole other issue.....