GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GNWF's BMS Clutch Stop review

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Introduction: So I decided to buy one of these (http://www.burgertuning.com/clutch_stop_BMW.html) in addition to JB4 for my Dad's N55 335i for Christmas this year. There is some talk about them on the Mk6 boards so I figured id try it out and share my thoughts.

Price: Like $10 shipped from Burger Tuning.

Install: Literally, and I mean literally, it took five seconds. It's easy and completely reversible, just cut off the tip with some wire cutters and adjust it as needed (I found that using only 2 pads was the best for my taste).

Pictures:

Impressions and Final thoughts: It's awesome. For a ten dollar mod it's a great value. It basically shortens up all the dead space between the bottom of the floor and where the clutch engages. The result is a faster and therefore smoother shift, as the clutch engagement point is pretty much right off the floor now. I'm really impressed with it and I would recommend it to anyone especially considering its price point. Cheers and happy New years!

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Agreed, I'm very happy with mine, but I cut the nipple off and kept all the washers on mine.

steveo17

Frankenbuilt
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
installed yesterday. initially installed with the 3 spacers and felt great, but then i turned my car off and couldnt start it again. clutch didnt engage far enough to be sensed by the car. backed it down to 2 spacers and it feels awesome and works great now!

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
installed yesterday. initially installed with the 3 spacers and felt great, but then i turned my car off and couldnt start it again. clutch didnt engage far enough to be sensed by the car. backed it down to 2 spacers and it feels awesome and works great now!

Good to hear man, I still love mine. Two spacers is absolutely the way to go and for ten bucks who wouldn't get this?

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
How is this on aftermarket clutches?

It's universal but if the clutch engagement point is even higher up with an aftermarket clutch then I bet this would be even better for it then it would a stock clutch.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Works well on my southbend, but I roll with 3 spacers. I just mash it down in order to start it.