GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC'd k04 vs Hatch WRX STI

redback

ftmfw
so i'm on my way to my friends house after dinner tonight, when i see this car behind me following closely. We get to the traffic lights and were next to each other at the stop lights both looking to turn right. My windows were down and i had a good look at this mean looking hood scoop so i thought it was just the normal wrx.

The lights turn green, we both take the right turn easy then i just hear him hit it! so i switched down to sports (i know i know should have just left it in manual!) and floored it on the straight and he starts pulling on me! i was abit confused at first because i raced the hatch wrx before from a dig and although he got me from a dig, i still pulled hard soon after. While he's pulling slightly, i notice the STI badge and thought that's why! i was at his rear bumper and stayed that way until we shut down.

We maintained the same speed and i gave him the thumbs up and he smiled saying not bad not bad then we went our separate ways. I was pretty happy with my car since i don't think i don't think it's running 100% at the moment and if it were, then it may have been more even or might have slightly pulled on him in my opinion...

Mods are:
- Stock K04
- GIAC Tune
- GruppeM intake
- Arqray catback
Once i get my issues fixed, then it's HPFP + downpipe + VF K04 intake + tune baby!

tinto

bitch please
Car(s)
2009 Pirelli GTI
:)
pirelli powaaah!

What issues are you having?

redback

ftmfw
well i have been misfiring in the past and still haven't resolved that. My dyno graph is abit wack at the moment as well:

Also sometimes ill be peaking at anywhere between 20-25psi on stage one which is not right at all. I am hopefully going to meet up with my mechanic to get logs done and sent to GIAC.

redback

ftmfw
should replace the coilpacks and see if that helps

They've been swapped with different cylinders and found out they are not the issue. Spark plugs replaced as well as intake valves cleaned and i still misfire! i surprisingly did not misfire when redlining it against the STI

PhantomPirelli

Ready to race!
Your Pirelli should be pulling on the STI once your issues are fixed and have your HPFP+DP+ tune cuz mine does ^.^

Turbostream

Go Kart Champion
yea k04 shouldnt have any problem taking a STI. i made a thread a couple weeks running a stock one with exhaust with stage II+ setup. and we were even with him slightly pulling so k04 will def take an STI

GTI4John74

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI
on a stock STI, yes, but not when the STI is Stage 2 or STI with BT.

yea k04 shouldnt have any problem taking a STI. i made a thread a couple weeks running a stock one with exhaust with stage II+ setup. and we were even with him slightly pulling so k04 will def take an STI