GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC Stage 2++ Tune (K04)

redback

ftmfw

"The new GIAC stage 2++ file. Developed with Statller power Developments in the U.K. (Doing a lot of cool 500hp stage 3 stuff at the mo) is a variation on the 2+ hardware based theme for EA133 k04 engines.

Apparently this file is performing better than the extreme files of late and is something for extreme customers to try out though requires a traditional 2.75 intake rather than the 3 inch that the extreme uses.

It can also be used on cars without the rs4 rail valve and even an upgraded intercooler, though more power is expected with better quality parts.

They've seen 346hp at the engine on a conservative dyno (350-60 elsewhere) without an rs4 valve and upgraded IC"

Anyone running this tune and can provide feedback?

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Where is "home" for your location?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
GIAC wouldn't allow me to use the extreme tune unless I upgraded the connecting rods, so...this isn't going to work here. Also, I want over 380bhp or 340whp thereabouts.

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
All I'm gonna say is it's a shame to go for such power when our internals can handle 400 hp at the engine. I'm not saying you can drive like you stole it 24/7 because something will go to shit, remember enjoying is one thing, abusing is another. But yeah, 360 hp is nothing for our internals. I thought GIAC had released a file for 400 bhp for these cars, I remember reading a few posts about it long time ago.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Call me crazy but I feel like the whole connecting rod scare is kind of played up. I've been here for (as of an hour ago), 4 years and I have yet to see a "I threw/bent a rod thread" pop up. I'm sure it happens, I just feel like the actually amount of torque it can take is more than most of us think.

Last edited:

Epic_Sandwich

I Drive a Sedan
Pretty sure it's the sudden, low-end torque that our motors produce that kill rods quick. Delayed boost control and a later torque curve can save rods and make more power, later in the powerband.

But yeah, the FSI/TSI can handle decent power stock, forums have a way of being an echo chamber for issues and perpetuating things that aren't happening to everyone but making it seem like they are.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
They, GIAC, always told me "when you install rods we will set you up"...and I hated that. That's why back then I switched to DM K04+. Otherwise, I would easily switch back to GIAC if there was something more. I always wished for a reason to 'need' to replace the rods...so if I ever do...I will likely switch back to GIAC. :drinking:

I wish they could adjust the DSG launch tune so one could actually use launch control from a launch without having to always be perfect with the throttle to maintain traction from a 'dig'. My 1/4 mile launches are lacking intensity. :frown:

I guess the question is..."Will ↑graded rods allow the US customers in on this 2++ tune"?

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
They've seen 346hp at the engine on a conservative dyno (350-60 elsewhere) without an rs4 valve and upgraded IC

So this would be roughly 300 hp at the wheels? Isn't that lower numbers than other tuners put out? Or am I missing something?

redback

ftmfw
dunno about the figures, but i went to get this loaded in my car and i'm loving it.

Just from moving from the 3inch intake to the 2.75inch makes the car feel a lot less laggy and when punching it, the delivery feels smoother.

don't care about the dyno sheets but in car feel was worth the upgrade

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Statller is in the UK so the dyno figures are BHP(out the engine) not WHP. So this 346 HP is probably 300 to 305 WHP.
It's not much more than the GIAC K04 HighOutput offering here. I got 285 whp and 363.8 lb*ft with it. So if this is what GIAC will give when one upgrades to stronger connecting rods....I'll stick with DM.

I always said if I do eventually upgrade the rods I might switch back to GIAC, but I expected more than this with that thinking. I believe DM told me they could do about a 10% increase for me if I do the rods, so....

Nevertheless, I bet you are enjoying the new power upgrade OP(redback), I know how it feels as I love it too.
You were 230 PS (227 BHP) stock right?

Last edited:

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
At what point does GIAC require rods for their K04 tunes? Is there an absolute HP/TQ limit?

I saw this when I was looking around the other day, seems pretty crazy to have all that torque down low on a GTI with stock rods: