GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC site now says K04 power is 280 HP and 285 lb*ft at the engine???

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
This (in the title) confuses me...see stage 3 K04; https://www.giacusa.com/supported_products.php?make=vw&model_id_1=202&engine=2.0 Turbo FSI
Because years ago mine averaged more than that at the wheels on the dyno.
My mass air of 280 g/s figures to be 345 HP at the engine these days.
So, APR says their K04 91 octane tune is 350 HP and GIAC is only 280 HP? Really?
Also, I have been asking Andrew @ GIAC because wanting him to check if I have the same K04 High Output tune, with a 145 bar FPRV, I originally loaded in late 2010. It had a target rail pressure of 140 bar.
I ran the DM K04+ from 2015 to 2017.
Then I thought when my GIAC was reloaded in 2017, I would be getting the same K04 High Output.
But I question this now because mine was the GIAC High Output K04 tune that I no longer see on their site.
GIAC's Andrew told me all of the FSI K04 tunes require the same FPRV now, yet I do not see this listed as a requirement on their site.
Waiting to talk with him again because I want to know why he told me the 140 bar FPRV is required but not listed.
I just have doubt that I now have the K04 High Output version I originally bought in 2010.
I do know I never see the rail pressure target above 130 bar since the reload of my GIAC tune.
This is almost making me ready to do another tune swap.
But I will give Andrew one more chance to be honest with me about the version they reloaded in 2017.
I mean, if the K04 High Output was discontinued then say it...I can handle the truth.
Don't tell me all FSI K04 tunes are High Output and require a 140 bar FPRV if it is not true.
I just want to know if I can possibly have the High Output tune I once owned and did again pay for to have reloaded.

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I do not know why they would discontinue it...they had it on their site a decade ago but no longer do. The High Output K04 wasn't on their site in 2017 either. I just want the truth about the High Output K04 tune I supposedly have now. They just never give me the specifics of the tune they loaded in 2010 and again in 2017.
I am not seeking what my HP is. I don't need to dyno it...I know it has more power than 280 HP at the engine....I truly believe the 280 HP on their site is simply an error and is more likely to be an average WHP figure. If you take the 280 and figure it with a 21% HP loss from a Mustang dyno...it would be near 350 HP at the engine.

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
So I just spoke with Alfonso at GIAC and asked about the 280 HP...I was told that is correct. That it's 280 HP at the crank. ??? Which would be just 221 HP on a Mustang dyno.

I said it will be hard to recommend GIAC if this is true because all others with hpfp upgrade and a K04 show 350 HP at the crank w/91 oct.

I am truly losing faith in GIAC...they seem to have people there now that are unaware of their own product. He said he does have their own dyno sheet for this and would email it to me.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
OK...Alfonso contacted me and says the dyno he was looking for was for one of their own cars and the owner, Andrew, said it dyno'd at 260 whp (based on memory) on a Mustang making it about 330 hp at the engine if the Mustang is a 21% loss as it figures in their other calculations. How they say it is 280 engine hp is lost on me.