GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC High Output K04 file....

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
So, back in 2011 I got the High Output(HO) K04 file loaded. In 2013 to 2015 I ran the DriverMotorsport K04+ file. From 2015 to 2016 the supposed HO K04 file was loaded again but it didn't feel the same. I finally did more research and found the two files loaded last were not the HO K04 file. So I am getting it loaded again tomorrow.

The High Output requires a 140+BAR regulator on the fuel rail, I have a 145 bar fprv. I have the file names now for the HO K04, the HO K04 rfd(runner flap delete), and a HO K04 custrfd(I believe this to be for an intake manifold upgrade with rfd). PM me if you would like the file names but know the file name I have is for all of the modes; Kill, Stock, Pump, Race, and Valet.

HPFPupgrade no longer exists. They are who I got my 145 bar fprv from. The RS4 is a 135 bar fprv and releases pressure at about 140 bar. Typically a FPRV pressure rating does not include the opposing pressure inside the system holding the low fuel pressure. So you can add 4 to 5 bar to a FPRV rating. There are other offerings out there. I suggest a higher than 140 bar fprv for the HO K04 file. Because when you let off the throttle after being at full throttle, what follows is an increase in rail pressure. This allows good rail pressure to be present when you get back on the throttle. If the rail dumps pressure when you let off due to the build up...throttle response may bog a bit. A 145 to 155 bar fprv should be fine for the HO K04 file. Even if your are tuned and rail pressure target is near 130 bar, the RS4 fprv is useful so to hold pressure up to 135-140 bar when the throttle is let off of.

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I went to Techtonics yesterday to have the file loaded. All is well again.