GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

getting door speakers out??

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
Anychance a crowbar would work? LOL I belive there was a tech article written over at vwvortex or something. Anyone got some information on this? or maybe some picture by picture document? (I LOVES PICTURES)

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
You have to take the door panel off. It is attached to the door panel it self. The larger mid range speaker is riveted to the door itself.

amir

Go Kart Champion
Can you tell me how step by step, i know i have to remove the torx screws but what then? how do i pop things off and avoid breaking the wing mirror controls etc?? Also whats the crack with 4" mids. The local retailer reckons that theres no depth for upgrades??? He says there is absolutely no room for anythin and the only thing i can do is to put a 6 1/2" in the woofer spot which would make imaging poor. Is he talking crap??

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
You can replace the 4" with aftermarket speakers. Just watch the depth. The 8" would need to be done by a shop because replacement would require a inclosure built into the door. Don't put a 61/2" in the 8" spot. Unbolt the three screws on the bottom. Then the one in the door jam. Next the plastic arm rest cover pops off. There is a bolt under there too. Then the door pops off. I will do a wright up whith pics when I get a chance.