GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I'm not even saying I would buy an ST over a GTI if I was buying today... well I probably would. But having driven both on a "track" the ST was just much more fun, handled better, more nuetral with a bit more possible oversteer rather than understeer non stop like in the GTI. Also, the power level felt very similar to my stage 1 GTI, I love the seats, etc. There's a lot to like about that car and I honestly don't mind the looks or the interior. The GTI's are definitely preferable though.

I think once I upgrade the RSB on my car it will be pretty close... once you put better tires on the GTI and VAGCOM to defeat the stability it can actually be more fun. I felt lift off oversteer at my last auto-x (first time I'd had stability off) and was pleasantly surprised.

Bender1

Banned
I'm convinced that the c5 allroad is the best street car with a few mods. 350 hp with stage 2, AWD, superior interior, epic space and towing capacity, bags for all your stance needs, and cheap.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

cost of maintenance, long term?
Fuel milage?

Ever since the 240 went to the big junkyard in the sky before I could really get into it, I have been wondering about a project wagon for a year or two from now.

mk6monster

Go Kart Champion
RWD > AWD :thumbup:

Merkle

Banned
I am very enthused by what I have seen so far. There is something about it that doesn't quite speak to me... yet... I am sure once I see one in person that will change.

I always find that new BMW's take a little getting used to, like an acquired taste, but once you have it you really appreciate them.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I'm convinced that the c5 allroad is the best street car with a few mods. 350 hp with stage 2, AWD, superior interior, epic space and towing capacity, bags for all your stance needs, and cheap.

If you hate yourself this is probably true. I can't imagine anything much worse than crawling around my garage working on a very technologically advanced for its time 12 year old Audi. Also, gaytronic = not happening for me.

But what if you put equivalent tires on both cars?

:laugh:

I see what you did there.

Bender1

Banned
If you hate yourself this is probably true. I can't imagine anything much worse than crawling around my garage working on a very technologically advanced for its time 12 year old Audi. Also, gaytronic = not happening for me.

I thought the V6 had a manual option?

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Troy will do a complete opinion reversal when something major breaks on the Gayroad.

It's an older Audi. Not matter of if, it's a matter of when. :D

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Fuel milage?

Ever since the 240 went to the big junkyard in the sky before I could really get into it, I have been wondering about a project wagon for a year or two from now.

Both costs are high but the purchase prices are so low as a result of it that the overall cost of ownership is still low. I see no reason to ever get rid of it.

Bender1

Banned
Both costs are high but the purchase prices are so low as a result of it that the overall cost of ownership is still low. I see no reason to ever get rid of it.

IMO unless you are doing a Cost per mile including purchase price, a low purchase price might be deceiving.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
It's an older Audi. Not matter of if, it's a matter of when. :D

Its strange how accurate and precise this statement really is. The (UN)glory days of VAG engineering.

Calvinball

Go Kart Champion
Fuel milage?

1. One of us move to a house with a garage.
2. Find another 240 wagon.
3. Buy 5.0.
4. Put together.
5. Profit. (In enjoyment, of course. Money-wise this will be a disaster most likely)

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Even if I bought a whole new engine, turbos, suspension, and brakes the car would still be cheaper than anything comparable.

3.0T A6 Avant is $40k with no air and no manual option, and the new Porsche Macan is $50k minimum with less space and no manual option.

Bender1

Banned
1. One of us move to a house with a garage.
2. Find another 240 wagon.
3. Buy 5.0.
4. Put together.
5. Profit. (In enjoyment, of course. Money-wise this will be a disaster most likely)

I agree with all of these things.

Number 1 should happen fairly promptly once my wife has an income.

Status
Not open for further replies.