GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

gas going up to $4.00/gallon!

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
Its all a scam, this shit in the face of this new push to use E85, what a crock. I wonder what the message the oil companies are trying to give us is? "Gas is expensive, shit, so you better conserve and use E85". This is being done because of course E85 only serves to extend the life expectancy of oil companies, rather then letter ppl thinking about real alternatives such as hydrogen... oh well.. gas prices/politics have always been a big scam by the oil companies, and people in this country are just too stupid to see it. atleast bush and friends make some cash on the side, so everything is ok.

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
lecrapper16 said:
The good part about gas going to 4.00 a gallon is getting to laugh at anyone driving a Hummer H2

Yeah, my friend drives one, sometimes he gets looks or people asking how many mpg it gets (around 4 in the city lol) but on the flip side his family owns a gas station... that bastard haha.

Here's Johnny

Drag Racing Champion
Right now I'm trying to get my friend to buy a GTI and get rid of his Expedition before summerhits. You won't be able to give an SUV away this summer.

fastrabbit

Ready to race!
Gulfer said:
Its all a scam, this shit in the face of this new push to use E85, what a crock. I wonder what the message the oil companies are trying to give us is? "Gas is expensive, shit, so you better conserve and use E85". This is being done because of course E85 only serves to extend the life expectancy of oil companies, rather then letter ppl thinking about real alternatives such as hydrogen... oh well.. gas prices/politics have always been a big scam by the oil companies, and people in this country are just too stupid to see it. atleast bush and friends make some cash on the side, so everything is ok.

You don't want me to start on this crap about politics, just make me :barf: Just blame yourself for voting a moron that is a puppet to the whole administration, and that only looks out for #1.........Oh wait doesn't every politician do that.....oops stupid me........

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
gas prices are the reason I traded in my 2003 gmc for a 2006 GTI. The car gets way better gas milliage and the last time I filled up my truck before I traded it in I paid 75$ for a full tank. The GTI was around 38$

earthtoandy

Touring Car Champion
Something really needs to be done about this crap. When an oil company nets 100 billion in a quarter with 10 billion of that being profit, in ONE quarter.... there is something seriously wrong. Gas is a nessecity of our civilization and the fact it goes unchecked as it does is ridiculous

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
we had a pipeline break in phoenix about 2 years ago, and the prices went like nutto down the street from me. i think they got to like 5+$ for 2-3 weeks. I was driving a 91 crx then, and it burned more oil than gas xD so i was like "woohoo!," that little bastard could get me 30-35mpg if i drove it right. i loved that car, finally sold it when i moved to germany.

earthtoandy

Touring Car Champion
yeah the pipeline break was miserable. We got a taste of the seventies. Most gas stations out of fuel, long lines and high prices. man that sucked

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
We Americans take many things for granted. I'm sure other countries would say a little more than that about us.

andrewt

Autocross Champion
earthtoandy said:
Something really needs to be done about this crap. When an oil company nets 100 billion in a quarter with 10 billion of that being profit, in ONE quarter.... there is something seriously wrong. Gas is a nessecity of our civilization and the fact it goes unchecked as it does is ridiculous

the fact is, the profits oil companies make from the sale of gas is a drop in the bucket compared to the profits made from other sectors. oil companies make their money in the exploration, extraction, and refining of oil, and because oil futures are so high right now, oil is worth more, so everyone wants to extract as much oil out of the ground as possible. it also should be noted that its not the companies themselves that set gas prices...its the people RUNNING the gas station.

not to mention, most petrochemical companies make a vast array of products, from plastics to chemicals to lubricants that contribute greatly to the bottom line as well.

there are a lot of factors that go into determining gas prices, and you can't simply place blame on the oil company, just like you can't just place blame on the government. the switch to ethanol, the nuclear crisis in iran, the switch from winter to summer production, are all factors that determine the price of gas.

Last edited: