Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
That is hard to top! Wow

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
A dude near me has his entire garage plastered with metal car signs. I would get a pic of it but he stands in the driveway all day drinking beer. It’s pretty hilarious

You make that sound like a bad thing. I’d walk over and offer him a beer.

If I’m outside working on the cars or lawn or anything like that…..I probably have a beer.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Still not quite decor but i did make some progress on organizing and hanging hangable tools! Got my top 2 placard up as well. I have some vw goodies i will probably replace the lego gtr with lol

Unbelievably satisfying, ive been rummaging through my tollboxes for years.
"where the fuck is this tool?"
"Who the fuck put this here? (Probably me)
"What the fuck is this thing?"
And onward are the typical mutterances...
20220501_190829.jpg

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Still not quite decor but i did make some progress on organizing and hanging hangable tools! Got my top 2 placard up as well. I have some vw goodies i will probably replace the lego gtr with lol

Unbelievably satisfying, ive been rummaging through my tollboxes for years.
"where the fuck is this tool?"
"Who the fuck put this here? (Probably me)
"What the fuck is this thing?"
And onward are the typical mutterances...
View attachment 247953
Pegboards are a godsend. I've cleared up 4 drawers in the toolbox already by hanging stuff and still have more room

cb1111

So.....what is it?

Some type of target practice of sorts.
Cold war targets. I picked this one up in Grafenwöhr in the 80's - one of the largest troop training areas in Germany. We had an annual REFORGER (REturn of FOrces to GERmany) training there. The town has about 6000 inhabitants and 50k troops (mostly tankers and artillery) would show up. There were some spectacular accidents with the local population forgetting that tanks have some huge blind spots and can flatten cars.

Jantriis02

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI
I'm looking into a shed as well to clear out the garage. For you shed guys, did you build from scratch, or go pre-fab?
We built one from scratch, worked well, but it was pricey compared to pre-fabbed. It still looks nice now, and we made it the exact same colors as the house so it looks like it belongs out there.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
You must not have bought any lumber lately. Two years ago a 2x4x8 was $2.97. Now they're $8 in my area. Let's not even discuss plywood costs.
Seriously. When pine starts creeping into what hardwood prices used to be you know it's all gone wrong.