GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garage Decor

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Somewhere up in my parents attic my dad has every Playboy from the early 70s to late 80s. Think the spousal unit would mind if I decorated the garage with the centerfolds?

That's normally hanging on our fridge in the kitchen, my wife doesn't care 🤷‍♂️

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Your garages are all WAY too neat. You all clearly need more stuff.

Can't work in a messy garage. Best thing I got for my garage (like someone mentioned earlier in the thread) was a shed to move all the non-car shit out of the garage.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Somewhere up in my parents attic my dad has every Playboy from the early 70s to late 80s. Think the spousal unit would mind if I decorated the garage with the centerfolds?

I have a copy of the Perfect 10 shown in American Pie.

1651064313637.png

#lifeachievement

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Not if it is pictures of the spousal unit....

Somewhat related.......

Several years ago my mother in law gave me a unabomber style birthday card. She had cut the letters out of magazines and scotched taped them to the card with the precision of a drunk 8 year old --spelling 'happy bithday' (the i and r are apparently interchangeable). Inside the card was a picture of my wife at 13 in a bikini. She told me it was a pinup girl for my office at work. :unsure:

Jeffapotamus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Can't work in a messy garage. Best thing I got for my garage (like someone mentioned earlier in the thread) was a shed to move all the non-car shit out of the garage.
I have two 2-1/2 car garages and a shed. I still barely fit my GTI and the wife' MINI in one and my beater pickup and tractor in the other. Shed is packed full too. It's a sad state of affairs. Summer cleaning/organizing is a goal. Maybe I'll use some of the decoration ideas here if I can clear up enough wall space!

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
I'm looking into a shed as well to clear out the garage. For you shed guys, did you build from scratch, or go pre-fab?

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
If you are looking for ideas something the S/O and I have been doing is buying tins from the breweries we visit together, at least the ones that sell them not all do.

Right now this is on a kitchen wall but I've been informed that "we're not in our 20's anymore" so I guess it's not going into the kitchen of the next place we buy, which of course means they're going in the garage!

View attachment 247261
They’re nice signs, you could frame them and make the “adult” appropriate. My wife and I laugh all the time cause our house looks like a frat house.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I'm looking into a shed as well to clear out the garage. For you shed guys, did you build from scratch, or go pre-fab?

I have a Big Box Suncast plastic shed kit. actually impressed with how well it’s held up to 3 MN winters. It’s not a permanent solution, but to store the dirty shit like @GTI Jake said, it’s worth it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

I got a small prefab vinyl Craftsman one. Was holding up fine until a fire erupted 25ft from it. It's still holding up fine but now the doors are a little warped from the heat.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Not a garage, more like a baseman but it’s what I have right now, and… there you go, my old is12 bolted to the wall.
Love it

Attachments

• E47B43EB-A560-432B-ABC1-2218B783101D.jpeg
    E47B43EB-A560-432B-ABC1-2218B783101D.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 114

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I bought mine pre built back in 2017-18ish maybe? It was about 3k then, so in todays market probably $7500.

I wanna say it’s like 14x10 or so. Fits a absolute shit ton of stuff comfortably and I wired it last year so it lights up at dusk like the shop and LED interior light plus a outlet for battery tender duty.

It has higher than average ceiling height so I can store the roof cargo box, lumber, ect up high and still have 7’ or so of headroom. Big shelf across the back and tire rack on the wall nearest the pinned door.
93774EC6-E490-4734-B51B-CFF1633D66F0.jpeg

At the time I couldn’t build it for what I paid, especially since I’d need a second person to spend a entire day on the project with me (and definitely three trips to Lowes as with any DIY in a field outside of your trade).