GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuse layout mkV TDI 2.0 Australia

ocko

I have a Golf MkV TDI 2.0 Manual 6 speed '95 Comfortline.

I recently had to drive 1,800km with no (cooling/heater) fan working except for position 4 where it is very noisy and too extreme.

The supplied owners manual has information and diagrams for two main fuse boxes, one under the bonnet and the other in the side of the dash console. Both of these diagrams do not bare any resemblance to the ones in my Golf other than their external shape.

Does any body have any diagrams for both of these with information as to what and where fuses are required.

I have included two photos which should help confirm the fuse boxes I have. They appear similar to the UK fuse boxes only values for the fuses are different (???).

Attachments

• VW Fuses enginebay.JPG
    VW Fuses enginebay.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 33,039
  • VW Fuses in dash.JPG
    VW Fuses in dash.JPG
    188.6 KB · Views: 23,761

Booba

Ready to race!
Pull each fuse till you find one that is blown then replace it :) Easy. All cars are difference depending on options, country etc.

YouSnooze

You won't feel a thing ;)
Car(s)
2006 Mk V GTi
I may be able to get you the information from my Bentley manual but I need more info re: your car model. PM me the exact year etc. The VIN may help. I can email you the info if I find it in the manual.

wokwon

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Car(s)
MY07 Jetta
I have a Golf MkV TDI 2.0 Manual 6 speed '95 Comfortline.

I recently had to drive 1,800km with no (cooling/heater) fan working except for position 4 where it is very noisy and too extreme.

If the fan works in position 4, your problem is not a fuse. The resistor block that is used for positions 1,2,3 is burnt out. It's extremely common on the UK forums.

It's mounted on the fan motor which you can access from the trim above the passenger foot well.

ocko

More model information

I may be able to get you the information from my Bentley manual but I need more info re: your car model. PM me the exact year etc. The VIN may help. I can email you the info if I find it in the manual.

The Golf in question is in Australia so it is RHD and it is a 2005 model. The VIN is WVWZZZ1KZ6U002175.

I hope this provides you with enough information.

Cheers