GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fundamental Maf signal

Chumeta

Passed Driver's Ed
I have several doubts with the Maf sensor. I have 3 Maf sensors, and with each one I have different measurements of air, gasoline and turbo pressures, on the VCDS. My intake is vwracing. With a Maf my car is richer in gasoline, with more Max turbo pressure and higher peaks. With the other two it is drier on gasoline and lower turbo pressure. Why? The car runs much more with the Maf that reads the highest, which is the one with the most turbo pressure it gets and with the one that goes richer and obviously consumes the most. Can someone explain it to me? Which one should I bring? It gives no fault. Golf 5 gti stage2 + k03. Sorry for my english.Thank you

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I will assume when you say "richer in gasoline"...you mean it is running lean and there is a fuel addition showing in the fuel trims?

Most of your fuel trims may be due to the intake.
Here is a list of some posted results of some different intakes and their fuel trim averages;
ltft intakes.png

For the MAF reporting...you would want the one which has a report of mass air to HP that is relatively close to a ratio of known HP, at the crank, in a certain gear = (maximum g/s of mass air from the same gear)/0.8. Or multiply the known crank HP by 0.8. But yes, typically the one reporting the highest mass air is the best.

For example; my mass air is 280 g/s__so 280/0.8=350

Another way to check the MAF sensor is to log the mass air data when parked__punch the throttle quickly to the floor and immediately let off__graph (by graph software or on graph paper) the mass air volume data at each 500 rpm. You'll want the rpms to have reached at least 4k to 5k rpm. Once graphed, you should see nearly a straight line with little curve to it. The one MAF which does so should be the best.

Chumeta

Passed Driver's Ed
No, the LTFT with one maf is +1,6 with another -0,8 and with the third + 0,6 . The one that performs the highest measurements in gr/s is the maf second (the one with LTF -0,8) that measures me more gr than the other 214gr at 6500 rpm and higher turbo pressure, while the others measure less. At idle they all measure the same between 2,7 and 2,9 )oscilating. Thank you very much Roh Echt

Chumeta

Passed Driver's Ed
In addition, the Maf of -0.8 is the one with the most turbo pressure and more consumption. Which one do you recommend that I place? stage 2+ K03 intake Vw Racing. Thanks