GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel Rail Pressure woes

Caymanjp

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 3DR Golf GTI
Hi everyone. I have a 2008 Golf GTI with about 90000 miles, I started having really bad stuttering as well as a loud chirping sort of noise under medium-heavy load, I am getting a misfire code for cylinder 2 but scanner does show some misfires on other cylinders too, changed plugs and switched out coil packs and didn't seem to make a difference. I am also getting a P2293 "Fuel Pressure Regulator 2 performance" code. Could my HPFP be on the way out it has someone had a similar experience? Cam follower was replaced early this year. Any way I can test my fuel pump or suggestions to find the culprit? It seems to be gradually worsening and effecting low RPM range as well, on cold start today the car was definitely shaking on idle

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Do you have a way to look at your fuel pressures? If so look at the lpfp & hpfp at idle and while doing a pull in gear. In Vcds that would be 230 & 231

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
First; You may want to inspect the N276 valve on the top of the HPFP. Sometimes this gets cracked and pops this code.
n276 crack.png

As GTI's said, you then need to look at its fueling data. Both at idle and during a data collecting pull...in one gear from 2k rpm to redline at full throttle. Or connect a proper gauge to see if pressure bleeds off and where...doing the same; idle and when running it;

Only other option is to make a list of possibilities and start replacing parts while hoping it isn't the very last part you replace to be the one to fix it.

Last edited: