GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel loss

Bulldugg

Passed Driver's Ed
I am sure this topic has been beat to death, but can’t make heads or tails of info. ‘07 FSI with 133,000 mi.
1. No vagcom (yet)
2. Car these codes: 0087, 2293, and random misfires
3. PCV , coils plugs replaced @ 108,000
4. Major service @ 92,000 ( head gasket , valves cleaned)
5. Have replaced battery, dv , cam follower, and low pressure sensor on hpfp.
Now for the problem:
Car idles fine, accelerates slowly fine with no hesitation, but revs under acceleration, but no power.
No popping, hissing, or other noises. Some stalling.
Hpfp Schrader valve had no pressure when pressed. Some fuel pressure when lfp sensor was loosened.
I have a fuel filter coming.
O.K. People, give me some ideas. I come from the world of B5 S4s, but those are a complete different animal!

Thx in advance.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
If it is confirmed that the cam follower and tri-lobe of the intake cam are fine...and what you mentioned to have replaced; I am leaning toward the "fuel pressure sender/high pressure - G247" on the fuel rail. There are different ones because it was changed mid-production for the FSI, so you should first give your VIN to a VW dealer parts dept. and see which latest revision is for your car. You may want to see the rail pressure actual with a scan of live data to be sure it is reporting incorrect data before purchasing it though. It is tough to replace with the intake mani attached, but it can be done with the right tools.

At some point in the 2006 production year, VW upgraded the high sensor to the same used in the four digit coded engines. This may be the one, but again...check the VIN: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/pressure-sensor/06j906051d/
37756382936_64498e0842_o(1).jpg

Last edited:

Bulldugg

Passed Driver's Ed
If it is confirmed that the cam follower and tri-lobe of the intake cam are fine...and what you mentioned to have replaced; I am leaning toward the "fuel pressure sender/high pressure - G247" on the fuel rail. There are different ones because it was changed mid-production for the FSI, so you should first give your VIN to a VW dealer parts dept. and see which latest revision is for your car. You may want to see the rail pressure actual with a scan of live data to be sure it is reporting incorrect data before purchasing it though. It is tough to replace with the intake mani attached, but it can be done with the right tools.

At some point in the 2006 production year, VW upgraded the high sensor to the same used in the four digit coded engines. This may be the one, but again...check the VIN: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/pressure-sensor/06j906051d/
View attachment 168734
I have ordered a new hpfp. Read where this is a common failure. I also read that you should be able to tell by unplugging the pump at idle and if you don’t hear a difference in the tone of motor, then pump is bad. Could anyone confirm this.

Bulldugg

Passed Driver's Ed
I have ordered a new hpfp. Read where this is a common failure. I also read that you should be able to tell by unplugging the pump at idle and if you don’t hear a difference in the tone of motor, then pump is bad. Could anyone confirm this.
I will order a new pressure sensor as well. At this mileage, wouldn’t hurt to replace possible problems before they arise.
I see V.W.s will nitpick you just like Audis. Gotta luv em!