GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel flow issues

jussi159

Car(s)
VW Golf GT TDI 170
Hi all,
My 2007 GT TDI has been having fuel flow issues for a while now. The local garage have replaced the filter and now the fuel pump.
Basically when driving the car started jerking as if I suddenly took my foot off the accelerator, especially under 30mph. This escalated to where the car just lost all drive and wouldn't start. (Happened on two occasions). First time they changed the filter and it was ok for less than a day. Now they have changed the fuel pump and it was perfect for a few days but I'm starting to get the jerky drive in low gear again. Could my fuel be so full of crap that it just keeps clogging up the filter and pump. The mechanics said the old pump was covered in sludge. Not sure if it's worth adding Redex or if I need to have the tank cleaned. Has anyone any experience of this?

Thanks

jussi159

Car(s)
VW Golf GT TDI 170
Put this same question on volkswagenforum.co.uk and got a response and the solution within a couple of hours. Not a single reply on this forum. Pretty obvious which forum the genuine VW experts use.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I just looked in and seen yours is TDI. I wanted to suggest the UK forum because there are more diesel Golfs in the UK but then I read your second post to see you've already gone to one.

Your first post posed the question; "Has anyone any experience of this?" A Golf V TDI was never available in the US during the MK5 period. And there are very few folks on this forum who might have TDI knowledge. I suppose people who looked in all thought not to post a 'No' to answer your question.

Last edited: