GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

fsi oil capacity

stuck24

so?
Car(s)
GTI FSI
ok all... I've searched here and I've gotten 5 quarts as the answer...

but in my 07's manual..it states clearly "approximately 4.6 quarts incl filter)

who is right? don't really wanna dump in an extra half quart if I don't have to...

rippie74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
5 quarts dude, 5 quarts...

Little_Red_Fast

Back in the saddle!
Car(s)
2011 Jeep JK Rubicon
I always fill up 4 quarts after an oil change, then dump in half of the last quart. Start the car and let it idle for a few minutes. Then check the oil and add if necessary. Last time, IIRC, I put in roughly 4.75 quarts to get it right in the middle of the full portion.

Alldata says 4.6 quarts as well (including filter).

redGTI

Axis Motoring
Car(s)
02 & 08 GTI, 08 M3
I always fill up 4 quarts after an oil change, then dump in half of the last quart. Start the car and let it idle for a few minutes. Then check the oil and add if necessary. Last time, IIRC, I put in roughly 4.75 quarts to get it right in the middle of the full portion.

Alldata says 4.6 quarts as well (including filter).

Why only in the middle and not all the way full?

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
^

On your dip stick there is something that says Minimum and something that says Maximum. Little Red Fast is OCD like me and likes to get the oil level right smack dab in the middle of the two lines.

stuck24

so?
Car(s)
GTI FSI
^

On your dip stick there is something that says Minimum and something that says Maximum. Little Red Fast is OCD like me and likes to get the oil level right smack dab in the middle of the two lines.

I know it says "min" and "max" .... so both of you like running half a quart low? why?

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
whoa ...wait ... where did 6.3 come from? BPY is the US 2.0 FSI code right?

I can't see it being that high man!

i know, niether can i...until i looked in my manual, and double checked the advanced auto parts computer. we couldn't believe it, then again, my 1.6 honda used 4 quarts, and this enging is a 2.0 with a turbo.

stuck24

so?
Car(s)
GTI FSI
i know, niether can i...until i looked in my manual, and double checked the advanced auto parts computer. we couldn't believe it, then again, my 1.6 honda used 4 quarts, and this enging is a 2.0 with a turbo.

your 2006 GTI manual states 6.3 quarts... you are joking...!!!

this is crazy... :yikes:

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
your 2006 GTI manual states 6.3 quarts... you are joking...!!!

this is crazy... :yikes:

not joking. i'll try and get a pic of it tonight and i'll show you. but yea, i thought it was wrong, and advanced auto parts checked their computer, and the guys was like, "wow! thats a lot of fuckin oil"