GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FSI Hard/Slow Initial start up

plaze

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK5 GTI, 05 STi
How does it start after re-fueling? Could just be the purge valve. Mine was sometimes hard to start if it sat for a while (overnight) and every time I got gas. $15 part and takes 5 minutes to install.

my cars in the dealer right now because i got a CEL for my evaporator purge valve. they said it was what caused my car to not start right away. what exactly does this evaperator purge valve do iv never heard about it before today and when i saw your post

ShyGuy

You might have a bad door switch that is suposed to activate the fuel pump.

I think this is whats causing me to need multiple cranks to start the car on cold start. If I prime the pump with key in "On" position it starts everytime. I recently noticed when my driver side door is open, the MFD displays it as closed.

Does anyone have a DIY or instructions on how to clean/replace this door switch?

DocRobot

Hey guys, I have a 2006 Stage 2 GTI that just went over 69,000 km. My problem is lately when I jump in the car to go to work in the last couple of mornings the car does not turn on, on the initial crank of the engine, it has to turn over a good 3-4 times before starting.

The thing is once its started I dont have any more problems throughout the day. ( always starts on the first crank )

Now I did my 64K km (40K m) service, but DID NOT do spark plugs/coil packs. Could this be my problem? but why does it only strugle on the first start up of the day? Also maybe the battery isnt holding charge? I also just popped in a fresh CF, but theres no way i messed something up doing that.. :mad0259:

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help. :bow:

Tense, I am down here In Calgary and this exact same problem started for me a few weeks ago, Only in the morning, and it has yet to reduce the BHp or Torque of my Stage 2.5 '06 GTI.

After 2 years, what was the problem and how did you fix it?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
You may hear the pump priming. But the low side of the system should retain the primed pressure. Long cranking issues are usually due to this pressure bleeding off after it primes so begin with checking the pressure bleed off;