GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fsi gti not getting fuel

Gticed

Car(s)
2008 mk5 gti fsi
Hey y’all, been awhile since being here. Just bought my old mk5 gti back I sold 2 years ago as a project car. Planning to eventually swap it once the motor goes but for now the motors at 197k miles. I bought it running perfectly fine ran for about 3 days, threw a stage 2 tune on it to hopefully speed up detonation😂 was running great with the tune so the next day I decided I’d see what she’d run at the local strip. Did a couple pulls before was running amazing. Got to the strip, payed, lined up, was sitting idling for about 15 minutes then all the sudden started to die down so I gave it gas and it didn’t get it at all and just died out. After this wouldn’t start back up. Rolled it to the side and got it towed back home. I’m getting the codes P0089 and P2293. Checked the relief valve at the track and it had plenty fuel. Now looking at it this morning there is no fuel in the hpfp but I was able to get it started after a couple cranks, cranked up for about 2 minutes but had no response to me giving it gas and eventually died again and cranks but wont start.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Alright; P0089 is for a poor electrical connection. The code is typically due to a cracked 'N276/fuel pressure regulator valve' on top.
n276 crack.png

P2293 may be the result of the N276 not working. It is a low rail pressure code. When P2293 appears alone, it would often be due to a worn cam follower or tri-lobe on the intake cam. But given this code is accompanied by P0089, I would inspect the N276 connector on top of the HPFP. You may need to grab hold of the connector and gently apply up and down force, as some cracks are difficult to see without doing so. If the N276 is cracked, the N276 is not sold separately. So the HPFP would need to be replaced. Although, some have said they had luck by adding super glue into the crack.