GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: MFD2 CD version w/ Antenna

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Hey guys,
I'm looking to sell my MFD2 CD version. It will come with an aftermarket GPS antenna, as well as the code-card required to activate it. The MFD2 is in great condition and has been looked after obsessively by me, with no defects or blown pixels.

OMG you can see where I live! :biggrin:

I am putting this at US$700/EU€495 including shipping to US/Continental EU ONO. If you live in the UK or RoW please contact me for shipping price.
The installation of the system is very easy, and took me only a half hour.
Please bear in mind that this does not come with the navigation CDs. I have CDs for the UK (2004), France (2006) and Germany (VW Club Edition 2006). If you are interested in these, please PM me.
It's a great system and looks much nicer than all the aftermarket stuff IMO.
This thing is all boxed up and ready to go out immediately. Payment by Paypal only please.

cmdrfire

Yes, I believe you can purchase two US navigation cds - one for the western US, one for the Eastern half. You will have to contact your local VW dealer to find out about pricing though and to check with regions the US navi discs cover.

SSMtC05

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
I have a euro nav in my gti. I dont think its just 2 cds for the us. I know the cd set i have is about 10 cds. You have south east, central east, new england, northwest, etc. Dont hold me to it though it may just be how mine is. From the dealer there may only be 2 actual cds. But i Know the dvd based navi is one disk for the us and canada.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
Yes, I believe you can purchase two US navigation cds - one for the western US, one for the Eastern half. You will have to contact your local VW dealer to find out about pricing though and to check with regions the US navi discs cover.

i believe there are 10 cds for the US/Canada set. The touareg ones should work.

the whole map set retails for $249 from navteq, or each disc is $129, if you're only looking for 1 disc.

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/IN...=ZScKCggROXkAAAEOwjNtNDzr&ShowAllProducts=YES

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
Will the TV work in the United States of Americaland or is it just an Englandland thing?

cmdrfire

The MFD2 has an aux input so if you buy a TV tuner (or a DVD player, or PS2, or whatever) you can connect it and get TV on the device, yes.
And thanks for the CD informations SSMtC05 and dpham00...
A quick hunt on eBay provides the following, the 7-cd full set (for Phaeton, should work in MFD2) for US$130
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-P...012QQitemZ220154936267QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD2V

Anyone interested? I'm willing to budge some on price.

-wiretap-

hax0r
Any pictures of the backside? And I'm guessing this isn't satellite ready? What about MP3 support?

cmdrfire

I'll put up a pic of the back tonight... what do you mean satellite ready? Satellite radio? We don't get satellite radio in the EU, so no, it doesn't have that functionality. As to MP3s, I'm not sure as I never tried an MP3 cd in it. It is however fully compatible with VW's iPod adapter, Phatnoise, 6-cd changer, and any AUX input you want to connect it with.

cmdrfire

Drop me a PM :thumbsup:
I took the photo of the back btw, just haven't had a chance to upload yet. Will do when I get home from work tonight.

cmdrfire

Pic of the back:

The main connector is the one to the bottom right of the pic, the blue jack is where the GPS antenna goes in, and the white and yellow jacks are the radio antenna jacks.