GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: LPFP extension harnesses

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I've finally finished testing my LPFP extension harnesses. One of the major flaws of the low pressure fueling system on MKV's is the location of the stock fuel pump control unit. The stock unit is located underneath the rear bench seat on top of the lpfp which insulates the controller allowing it to retain heat and eventually overheat. When the controller overheats, the fuel pump can stop working intermittently or all together, until the temperature of the controller comes down enough for it to start working again. Some notice the cutouts while driving as a temporary "cut" in power while others lose throttle response completely for several seconds. The harness I developed moves the controller out from under the rear seat to underneath the front passenger seat where it is secured to the carpet with Velcro. It can either be mounted directly under the rear seat or behind the vent that is under the seat to aid in cooling while using the a/c.

There are two styles of kits I am selling, one with and one without a heat sink. While testing with the heat sink installed, one vehicle saw a 60* F reduction on the surface of the controller at a max temp of just over 100*F after hard driving. I also recommend using arctic silver between the controller and heat sink to aid in heat transfer. While not included in the kits, you can pick it up at a local radioshack for a few dollars.

I am now taking pre-orders for the kits to order more supplies since my first batch went out for testing. These are made to order, built from scratch harnesses. I have located a source of the OEM pins, connectors and watertight seals to build them. Prices for the harness without a heat sink is $65 while the kit with a heat sink is $85. If you are interested in a kit, please PM me to be added to the list or post here expressing interest.

5 KITS NOW AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPPING

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
That's good looking product, if I still had my GTI, I would be on this....What are you building the harnesses out of?

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Wire and these:

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Looks good. Would this be the same for a TSI powered 09?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Ok, I'm interested. Pics of the heat sink on the controller?

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
I'm sure it helps but if you really want to see an improvement you have to open the case and heat sink the power transistors making sure there's a good thermal interface. Epoxy thermal compound works well. If you already are on the chips with a thermal pad or something zipties are even better :thumbsup:.

If it's potted inside, that's a bitch but you'll get much better temps with direct heatsink and good thermal interface meaning potting removed.