GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: JL Audio Stealthbox® + JL Audio 500/1v2 Mono Amplifier

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
SOLD!

This system really speaks for itself. It's a perfect balance of form, function and practicality. It fits perfectly in your hatch, and provides the great performance that you'd expect from JL Audio. Unfortunately, the enclosure will not fit in my new car, so my loss is your gain. The Stealthbox is specifically designed to fit the MkV Rabbit, GTI and R32. The box and manuals for the 500/1v2 amp are all included.

Here is some info on the Stealthbox:

The JL Audio Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer delivers incredible bass in a package that takes up minimal space and blends in with your vehicle's interior. JL Audio designs Stealthboxes to fit in specific vehicles, then loads them with appropriate subwoofers for optimal performance. Pair the system with an appropriate amp and wiring for stellar concealed bass.

Perfect sound to go with the perfect fit
JL Audio puts months of research and design into each Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer to ensure not only that it fits, but that it sounds better than any other custom enclosed system. First, JL Audio determines the ideal shape and mounting location for each enclosure, so that it looks like an original part of the vehicle it's designed for. Next, they mount each high-performance subwoofer so it delivers amazing firepower from within its unique enclosure, without sacrificing clarity or musical depth.

The fiberglass enclosure offers superior rigidity while allowing more interior volume, so the sub can turn out louder, deeper bass. JL Audio craftsmen then laminate, grind, join, and finish each Stealthbox® by hand. The end result: full-bodied, distortion-free bass from an impressively stealthy enclosure.

Enjoy enhanced, custom-fit sound
This single Stealthbox® enclosure fits in the driver side rear corner of the trunk of 2006-up Volkswagen GTI and Rabbit models. It includes one W6v2 10" 4-ohm dual voice coil subwoofer from JL Audio, wired for 2-ohm mono impedance. A steel-mesh grille protects the sub. Please check with us before purchasing by using the vehicle selector on our site, or calling a Sales Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 to verify fit information.

JL Audio has rated the difficulty of this Stealthbox® installation as low. You should be able to install this enclosure if you have any experience with car audio.

Details:

• Stealthbox® custom-fit subwoofer
  • sealed fiberglass enclosure
  • W6v2 10" 4-ohm DVC subwoofer wired for 2-ohm mono
  • steel-mesh grille included
  • fits in the driver side rear corner of the trunk
  • -power handling: 150-600 watts RMS (1,200 watts peak power)

And some info on the amplifier:

JL Audio's Slash v2 amplifiers aren't just powerful, they're smart. As your battery voltage fluctuates while you drive, the Regulated, Intelligent Power Supply™ system maintains steady, consistent power at any impedance between 1.5 and 4 ohms and at any voltage between 11 and 14.4 volts. You'll get all the power, all the time, even with a wide range of speaker combinations.

The 500/1v2 mono amplifier puts out 500 watts RMS of clean power to your subwoofer system, and JL Audio's patented Class-D amp circuitry keeps a tight rein on cone movement. The cast aluminum heatsinks dissipate heat quickly, giving these amps long lifespans and reliable operation. You can stack multiple Slash v2 amps, saving you valuable space in your trunk or cargo area.

Details:

• mono subwoofer amplifier
  • 500 watts RMS x 1 at 1.5 to 4 ohms
  • Regulated, Intelligent Power Supply system
  • differential-balanced inputs
  • variable low-pass filter (40-200 Hz, 12 or 24 dB/octave)
  • parametric EQ bass boost (0-15 dB at 20-80 Hz)
  • variable infrasonic filter (-24 dB/octave at 15-60 Hz)
  • optional wired remote bass boost
  • Class-D amplifier design
  • MOSFET power and output stages
  • speaker- and preamp-level inputs
  • preamp outputs
  • 4-gauge power and ground leads and a 50-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
  • no onboard fuses — when installing multiple amps in a system, an additional 50-amp in-line - fuse between the distribution block and the amplifier is recommended
  • 13-7/16"W x 2-5/16"H x 10-1/16"D

This retail price for this system is $1300 + tax. Get it here for just $850 shipped (OBO). Local pick-up is available between Miami and West Palm Beach.

I prefer PayPal as a method of payment, however, I will only ship to a Confirmed Address. I will also accept cashier's check, money order, or cash for local pick-up.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me via PM or email me at hsemara@me.com :thumbsup:

Last edited:

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
NEW CAR????????
your car is one of my favorite R's simply because it is so damn clean

but anyways, will you sell just the box, if so how much?

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
NEW CAR????????
your car is one of my favorite R's simply because it is so damn clean

but anyways, will you sell just the box, if so how much?

Thanks :thumbsup: I'll miss the R. It's an amazing car, and I really liked DSG, but I decided to trade it up for its slightly cooler cousin, 2008 Audi TT 3.2 Quattro 6MT :cool:

I'm going to attempt to sell the system together. If I have no luck, I'll part them out.

FLIPSCOUT

str8dubn
so is this system good to go out the box? all wiring and components neccesary for install included? are speakers optional with this system, if i plan on upgrading the stock ones?

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
so is this system good to go out the box? all wiring and components neccesary for install included? are speakers optional with this system, if i plan on upgrading the stock ones?

Wires are not included. All you need is an amp kit and you're good to go. You can easily wire this to the factory system. Upgrading the speakers is always an option, but you'll need a separate amp. This amp is strictly designed for powering this subwoofer, which is why this setup sounds so great.

LoyalSage

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKIV & MKV R32
You can easily wire this to the factory system

Can you give me some details on how this is done? I am only interested in adding some bass to the current factory setup, nothing more.

Are you suggesting to grab high level inputs off the rear speakers? Or is there a better cleaner way of doing this? If so I just might take this off your hands.