GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Golf R ratcheting armrest assembly

RadMax8

Passed Driver's Ed
Bought one from you a couple years ago, finally installed it a couple weeks ago. You’re doing the VW gods’ work for us haha.

For what it’s worth, the box was packed with care, you guys can buy with confidence. Oh, and watch the video!

schwab0

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
VW
Hey @RadMax8 glad I could help! It's 50% off compared to buying new and the installation video is helping quite a few people. If you don't want to replacement, do the ziptie method at least for < $0.50.

Cheers!

vwlotech

Go Kart Newbie
yeah, boooo!... I thought it was another mod, I saw that a while back. I got ECS kit that unlocks it, but I feel that I need the ratcheting function in my life.

MasterBlaster

Car(s)
Golf R MK VII
If you have any left I am ready to buy now. Sent you a PM. Picking up my R on Friday :)

Also, It says I'm new but I've been a member since I bough my MKV GTI in '07. I just never comment.

MasterBlaster

Car(s)
Golf R MK VII
I'm gonna bump this. I don't know if schwab0 has more of these but I just bought one and wanted to say that he's a righteous dude. The price is better than right and he's an awesome guy. I sent payment and he shipped same day. I should get it next week.

Last edited:

schwab0

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
VW
Hey man, you should get it by Saturday of it mails tomorrow 😉.

Reach out with whatever you need during installation! Anyone else need one, LMK we can get you sorted.

MasterBlaster

Car(s)
Golf R MK VII
Got mine on Tuesday. Installed today. Took me 15 minutes. Easy peasy. Thanks, schwab0!

A Few Notes:

1. Use his video. At one point, he talks about 2 metal tabs and shows how they are with his fingers. Imagine his fingers are upside down. The tabs need to be pushed in toward the metal legs. Not pulled outward.
  2. The two screws holding the leather top onto the old arm rest are T20 (i think). And then you will need a small flathead screwdriver to GENTLY pry up the plastic tabs holding the leather top bit onto the old arm rest frame.
  3. Hardest part was putting the new ratcheting frame in place and the vent back on. And it's easy. Just line up the tabs and clips carefully and give it a couple bangs. for both the frame and the vent backing.
  4. Buy a tray for your new compartment from either Amazon or ECS (if you want to pay extra for their logo).

Last edited:

schwab0

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
VW
awesome man, glad you got it sortes!! You need anything else LMK!!

enjoy and take care!