GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: BSH TrueSeal intake for FSI, also parts for BOV relocate, etc

I've returned to stock intake for the winter. And I think i want to try the Volant intake next year.

My car came with this BSH TrueSeal installed. I think the original cone filter is pretty much done but I'll include it if you want. I think it would work better with something like an AEM Dryflow. 21-202DK for about $40 on amazon should fit and work great.

There is a small repair where it enters the included airbox. There was supposed to be some padding along the edge of the box, that i didn't know should be there. The vibration between the airbox and the intake tube caused the steel airbox to wear through the aluminum wall of the tube. just barely. I applied some jb-weld and then slit a length of silicone vacuum line to pad the airbox. Hasn't been an issue and you can't really see it when it's on the car.

This setup is currently selling for $289 from BSH:

http://www.bshspeedshop.com/bshstore/products/BSH-%2d-FSI-2.0T-True-Seal-Intake-06%2d08.5.html

It has the fitting on the intake for a BOV relocate that uses a large Forge vacuum actuated BOV and the noisepipe plumbing. I have all of that, including a noise pipe, the silicone hoses, and the VW hose that connects to the noise pipe, and the BOV. And a rebuild kit for the BOV w/ new piston, o-rings, and grease. I also have the blockoff for the factory BOV and a boost tap, though the boost tap may need a new o-ring. nothing you can't get at a plumbing supply.

The trouble with the BOV is that some moron cross-threaded it. I had to use giant pipe wrenches to open it, and it doesn't thread back together. It can be rehabilitated, but you will need a machinist to chase the threads on a lathe. The exterior of the BOV is a bit chewed up from the pipe wrenches. it was that bad.

The whole shebang, including the BOV and plumbing, once cost somebody almost $500. The BOV itself is the Forge Supersize, which was worth like $150 before some butthole wrecked it.

http://www.forgemotorsport.com/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0006&product=FMDVSUPR

So, here's what i propose:

$50 + ship for the TrueSeal intake - including the pipe, the bit of silicone hose that connects it to the turbo, the cap blocking off the fitting for the BOV relocate on the intake pipe, the airbox, the screw that holds the airbox in place, and all the associated hose clamps.

For another $50 you can have the silicone hoses that connect the BOV intake, the in-need-of-repair BOV, the brand new Forge rebuild kit for the BOV, the noise pipe and VW hose for the noise pipe, the blockoff cap for the factory BOV and associated o-ring, the boost tap (BSH), and a length of silicone vac line. Or i can not ship the noise pipe and the VW hose for the noise pipe if you already have those.

Like i said the BOV does not currently work because you can't assemble it. But any machinist should be able to chase the threads so that it will screw together again. With the rebuild kit, aside from being a little chewed up from pipe wrenches, it'll work like new. I even researched what it takes to electronically actuate it, and it's not a big deal - Forge will sell you the wire harness and vacuum valve they use for their current BOV relocate, or you can make your own harness and use a VSV from an auto parts store or an N75 from the dealership to actuate the Forge BOV.

I'll take pictures in a bit. Just thought i'd get this posted and see if anyone is interested.

njmkv

4doors....more whores.
Shoot me a price for the intake shipped to 08902

Domokun

Rawrr
Car(s)
GTI MKV
I am interested in the intake. Can you PM me with shipping cost to 96818? Please show me pictures as well.

Sorry for no pics / replies / prices yet. Work is kicking my ass and i get home every day tired and pissed off.

Tomorrow maybe, or saturday for sure

. :Sent by pneumatic tubes