GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: 2008 GTI not babied

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
*** SOLD ***

Up for sale is my United Grey 2008 4 door option 0 GTI. Perfect track or autocross candidate. If you are looking to build a car for more spirited use, this car should be a candidate. I have done all the expensive stuff, adding the parts below will cost many thousands. This car has been to quite a number of HPDE's, and performed wonderfully at all of them. At its peak I was turning high 1:25's at Roebling Road, which wasn't bad for a heavy FWD car!

Car was purposely built to perform well at the track, and still be a reasonably comfortable daily driver. Car is now occasional daily driver, but sadly sits in my garage most of the time now.

The FSI engine has been rock solid. I recently did the water pump, timing belt and cam follower so it is all set for thousands more miles. Any of the original weak parts were also replaced with VW's latest - DV, low pressure fuel pump etc. The motor has never thrown codes and has always run great with the K04.

I have returned the suspension to near stock, it is currently riding on Koni's with stock springs and Hotchkis sway bars. All it would take to return to track duty is GC's camber plates and coilover conversion for the Koni's and a set of good brake pads.

Lots of extra's included - Schroth quick fit harnesses, and all stock parts, K03, intercooler piping, engine cover etc. Note that this is an option 0 car, no sunroof, perfect for tall drivers, and less weight up top!

Mechanically the car currently needs nothing. The car is southern and has never been exposed to salt etc. so it is clean underneath. Cosmetically the car has become a bit challenged, there are chips in the leading edge of front hood, and a few other things here and there. Overall it is still a nicely presentable car. The tires are stock PZero Nero A/S, they will need replacing in next 5k or so. AC blows cold, and like all VW's the headliner fell off last spring, it was professionally replaced and looks like new.

I would consider a trade for a vehicle of equal value to use as a tow vehicle - Touareg etc.

This is a one owner car.

Asking a fair $10,500/bo.

I own the car and the title is clean, bring cash or MO, I sign over title, you take car home with you, no fooling around waiting for titles etc.

Current miles: 107k

Suspension
Koni Sport shocks
Stock Springs
Hotchkis 27mm sway bars front and rear
Performance alignment
Unibrace XB

Brakes
Front - stock
Rear - stock
Tyrolsport brake bushings
ATE Super Blue racing fluid

Wheels/Tires
Stock 18" Huffs 225-40-18 Pirelli PZero Nero (street)
Bildon stud conversion

DriveTrain
Wavetrac limited slip
Southbend stg2 endurance clutch and PP w/lightweight flywheel
42DD shift bushings

Engine
K04 turbocharger
Unitronics Stg 2+ K04 software
S3 injectors
RS4 rail pressure valve
HPFP Upgrade stg 1 high pressure fuel pump
AWE DV relocate
Steve Petty Motorsport 3" downpipe
VW DriverGear 2.5" catback
Forge Twintercooler
K&N Typhoon CAI
BSH TB pipe
R32 lower engine belly pan

Brain
Lots of seat time
Redbull

Last edited:

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Sad to see it go! You've been such a great wealth of knowledge and experience on this forum!

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
Thx, don't really want to sell it, but it's just sitting most of time, needs a new driver to mow down Porsche's at DE's!

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Sell the schroth harness separately?

Maximum6

FASTER
i think he's just getting ready for the Mk7

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
i think he's just getting ready for the Mk7

Actually thinking Toyota FJ before they are gone, or some sort of tow vehicle for the M3, used Touareg or work truck etc. But driving a primary vehicle with such bad fuel mileage not exactly appealing, may have to leave the M3 street driveable and yes get a MK7. Trading this car in with all these parts equally un appealing. The Koni's and entire front suspension are almost brand new. It still runs great, if no interest will just keep occasionally driving it and use it as a back up car if the M3 goes down.