GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front sway bar thread

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
So... after 3 years sitting in the garage, the H&R 28mm FSB and the Tyrolsport deadset collar kit finally went on.

Wow.... didn't know it was that much of a difference.

So... after 3 years sitting in the garage, the H&R 28mm FSB and the Tyrolsport deadset collar kit finally went on.

Wow.... didn't know it was that much of a difference.

Word. That's how i felt when i finally tried "firm" rather than "soft" on my adjustable whiteline front.

(though, i still need to install my tyrolsport kit)

GTI_Speed

SteelCities SCCA AutoX
Car(s)
08 GTI
Recently drove a MKV at autox with a stock front sway bar and hotchkis rear bar set to full stiff and I can honestly say that this has to be the ideal setup for the MKV at autox. The driver ran much better times than he did before adding the rear bar and the car looked much better out on course than it has in the past. It was pushing way less almost every where on and getting nice tripod action into and through turns. Other mods on the car were koni yellows and h&r race springs. The driver was very pleased with the results.

aw614

Ready to race!
Recently drove a MKV at autox with a stock front sway bar and hotchkis rear bar set to full stiff and I can honestly say that this has to be the ideal setup for the MKV at autox. The driver ran much better times than he did before adding the rear bar and the car looked much better out on course than it has in the past. It was pushing way less almost every where on and getting nice tripod action into and through turns. Other mods on the car were koni yellows and h&r race springs. The driver was very pleased with the results.

Looking at your previous GTI on your sig, you would prefer just the rear bar only for autox compared to having the front and rear?

GTI_Speed

SteelCities SCCA AutoX
Car(s)
08 GTI
Yes definitely. I had suspicions when I had mine that it would be better without the upgraded front bar and this pretty much confirmed it.

It's hard to say if it would be too much for track. I'd imagine you could just dial the rear sway down if need be.